Brake question on a 27

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Brake question on a 27
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay fredrickson on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

I am in the process of putting the rear end back after I rebuilt it. I can't remember if the lobe on the brake cam faces to the outside of the wheel or to the inside and if the brake rods go above or below the radius rods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

The photos here should help http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/536981.html?1430187891
The brake rods go above, and the pointy end of the cam faces the outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

Rod above, that makes the cam face the front of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay fredrickson on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

Thanks, John and Frank. I was thinking it went that way but wanted to make sure before I made the adjustments on the rods. Thanks

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration