Door Latch and Grease

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Door Latch and Grease
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:09 am:

I'm repairing my 24 Coupe passenger door latch. I have the door apart and the lock mechanism apart. Where the actual lock stem (square rod) enters the latch there is nothing for it to engage. Obviously I'm missing something. Anyone know what it is and have a pic?
Now that I have removed 91 years of dried grease from the gears that crank the window up and down, what grease should I use to keep it free and lubricated? Lithium?Door latch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:18 am:

I'd recommend a good synthetic grease. It doesn't harden and sticks where you put it. I use Amsoil (http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/grease/synthetic-polymeric-truck-chassis-a nd-equipment-grease-nlgi-2/?code=GPTR2CR-EA) but Mobil 1 has a good grease available in most auto parts houses.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration