Rear spring date stamp 1917

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rear spring date stamp 1917
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

This showed up on my tapered leaf rear spring top leaf today. I couldn't find it in date stamp discussions. It reads:
CHROME
K-P JUL '17
VANADIUM
Thought it might be interesting to anyone who hasn't seen one. This spring also has the typical FORD in block letters every foot or so. sometimes on one side, sometimes the other. I don't know who K-P was.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

HP =Highland Park

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 03:16 am:

Thanks Royce.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 12:06 am:

Hp stands for Hess Pontiac.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 11:48 am:

Thanks for the correction Larry. I saw that in an earlier post but the "H" looked like a "K" to me and it didn't register.
I also found:"... William Peck was hired by Hess-Pontiac Spring & Axle Co. to develop a process, and the machinery for, producing a better front spring for automobiles." This was in a law suit of some kind. 1911 I believe.

I appreciate the information.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

Hewlett Packard?? :^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 03:29 pm:

Good one Richard!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration