Off topic, 999 chassis wood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Off topic, 999 chassis wood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

What type of wood was used on the chassis of the Arrow and 999?
If I aint mistaken a Brush had a wood frame or axle?

I would think hickory for the same reasons as the spokes on our T's but it looks like these cars had wire wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 11:01 pm:

Brush was the 1st car to have full floating axles..ha ha

woddin' axles, woodin' frame woodin run'

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 11:09 pm:

The Brush had iron pieces on the ends. I don't know if they would actually float or not? But that was good for a major laugh! Thank you BCG! I needed that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

In the case of Franklins and Stanleys I believe they are typically ash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 12:57 am:

Well, yes Brushes are a 'little' underpowered. . . And the engines run the wrong direction. . .If memory serves me, spark and throttle work backwards too (but it's been about 25 years since I drove one).
BTW, Stanleys use wood reach rods between the axles, wood frame, but metal axles!! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration