Bolts for Rajo 4 valve

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bolts for Rajo 4 valve
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

Some time in the past four months I had to purchase some very long bolts to mount a RAJO four valve overhead. I had to purchase 10, only needed two, and someone asked if I had any spare...
The answer is yes, but I can't remember who asked....
If you still need them, contact me at tonybowker at aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 09:10 pm:

Tony,
I ran a four valve Rajo for some time. It ran well with high dome pistons for more compression in a 26 tudor sedan. In fact, I drove it home from Seattle to Sacramento in five days after buying it from pics on the MTFCA classifieds in 1999. The problem with these heads is that the rocker towers are held down with two bolts at right angles to the rocker arm shafts, and they will come loose over time. If you watch one of these things run, you can see the rocker arm towers bend back and forth, especially if you have a high lift cam or stiff valve springs. I had to spend a bunch of time repairing the head on my car because the bolt holes for the rockers were trashed. I solved the problem by using a one piece stainless steel rocker arm shaft that served both the rocker arm assemblies and stabilized them. The only down side is that the two rocker covers would have to be slotted for the shaft. This was no problem for me as I did not have any covers. Something to consider if you have one these four valve Rajos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 10:05 am:

For what its worth--I had a few covers, the one-piece, made and have a few left for sale if anyone is interested.

Bill Kerndt 563-380-6230
kerndtengineering@gmail.com

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration