Old Photos- 03 Some TT's and T trucks in Oz.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photos- 03 Some TT's and T trucks in Oz.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 02:18 am:

Caption-"Nicholas Veneris of Many Peaks Queensland leaning on his truck surrounded by a group of children ca.1916"

Caption- "Roy Hawken carting the charcoal to the Parkes flour mill on his Model T Ford truck"

Caption- "Taking cotton to the station on the new Ford truck Jambin District Queensland 19301940"

Caption- "Yarramalong mail contractor Reece Palmer's truck"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 03:09 am:

More great photos! I like the two with the heavy duty front wheels. There have been a few questions asked on older threads about such wheels. I know there were wheels like that offered as after-market in the USA. There seems to be doubt about factory offerings in Canada. Those wheels seem to be most common in Australia and NZ. Has anybody there figured out what the deal was?
thank you Dane H!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 04:46 am:

Wayne, in my youth I passed up such a truck. It was all complete and today it would be one of those vehicles to be preserved rather than restored. It was a 26-7 model. I believe these late model TT's came with such equipment so there was need for just one spare. Canada ahead of the game again!

I could be wrong, again.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 05:40 am:

Ford Australia offered the wheels on their TT chassis as an extra in 1926/27.

You will note this truck is labelled NSW ( New South Wales) one of the states in Australia.

Each other state offered a different body style but with the same option of wheels.
TT Wheels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 05:46 am:

Great stuff again! Thanks Peter K and Allen B as well as Dane H for several wonderful threads of photos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 07:46 am:

TT sold by father IN 1924 --And recently i got it back in not bad condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

Bob T, Now THAT is incredible! Photos? Lots?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration