Old Photos- 06 Some TT's and T trucks in Oz.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photos- 06 Some TT's and T trucks in Oz.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

Caption- "Ray Porta at wheel of his fish truck in Greville Street, Prahran - Melbourne, VIC"

Caption- "The Australian War Records Section (AWRS) Trophy Store at Peronne, where battle souvenirs were collected for despatch to the Australian War Museum. At right is and AWRS truck."

Caption- "Truck load of people enjoying a day out at Cribb Island 1926"

Caption- "Walter Summers and Fred Wilkinson in front of 5,000 gallon water tank on Ford Model T truck, Queen Street, Campbelltown"

Caption- "Wide Bay Co-operative Dairy Co. Ltd. ice delivery truck, Gympie, ca 1924"

Caption- "Wide Bay Co-operative Dairy Co. Ltd. ice truck, Gympie, ca 1924"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages, ACT Australia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

I wonder if the War Records Office kept their beaut T? 2nd pic.
It looks typical WW1 military set up.

Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 01:35 am:

I trust it was not a windy day when those boys decided to move that
5K water tank !!! That "parachute" has enough lift to carry the truck to
China !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Bloxsome on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 04:23 am:

In the " 1923 LIST OF MOTOR OWNERS IN QUEENSLAND " the WBDCoLtd owned an INTERNATIONAL TRUCK registered
Q7190 from circa mid 1921 . Probably a coal scuttle hood veteran . Courtesy Oxley Heritage Library , State Library Qld .
This list covers from Q1 in July 1921 to 31 Sept 1922 ,Q12-757 - beyond which no records exist in the public domain .
Victor Bloxsome , grandson of H S Bloxsome Q3997 ,1913 T Ford .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 06:20 am:

Another good set! Quite a variation of wheels in this bunch. One with big wheels in front, one with solid tyres in the rear and pneumatic in the front, and one with cushion tyres all around.
Thanks again!
Drive carefully, and enjoy,W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

About that water truck: Let's see... "5000 US gallons @ 7# per gallon = 35,000#", or 17.5 TONS! Were they even able to get it down the road???? I remember my Dad telling me about a ton-and-a-half of cabbage on the TT, let alone another 16 Tons??? Wow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

Marvin

That is not a water truck but an empty tank that is placed under a wind water pump or at the pipe line to hold the water in storage until it is used. They are just transporting and empty tank on it's side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 01:41 pm:

Or perhaps, anticipating the future drag racing "sport", they are experimenting
with ideas that will ultimately perfect the drag chute to slow the car after its run ?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration