1912 Touring in France

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1912 Touring in France
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

Hello Olivier Chambanne: I have been watching your 1912 Touring barn find project with much interest. Were you able to save the original leather interior, and curious how the project in general is proceeding? I viewed your YouTube video where the chassis was dismantled, and was wondering what condition these original mechanics of the car turned out to be in. May I impose upon you to post an update?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

I have been wondering the same thing.
Since Olivier does not speak English I figured it's a bother for him to get somebody to help him with it.
I did follow the painstaking restoration of his first T though, he obviously had plenty of help getting that one on the 'net.
I am also wondering if he intends to rebuild the one that got wrecked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

Olivier does not speak English, but he uses an online translator. Sometimes it works very well, sometimes a little less so... but it works well enough. He communicates very enthusiastically here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 12:42 am:

I'll never forget when he misspelled the French word for tax and the online translator took it for French woman.
RD had asked him about T parts prices and his answer was that in France a tire was XX amount but he could get one from the U.S. for $130 including shipping and a French woman.
I tried to order three tires from the same parts house that day and have them shipped one at a time every two months. Oh well...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 02:40 am:

Hello everyone.

I always use my Google translator to talk in English because I have not made any progress in English. Fortunately, my son Hugo (12 years old) learned English at school and it is much better student than I was at his age. In some time it is he who will discuss with you. I appreciate the fact that the translations make you laugh, even if it's beyond my control.
For some time, I'll less often on the forum. I do not always have time. Now, I talk a lot on Facebook. You can join me on Facebook the group "Ford T in France" or by joining me as a friend.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ford.t.en.france/

Concerning the restoration of 1912, I have not updated the pictures of the restoration a long time. I'll have to do it soon.
1912 has just been completed, well almost since I have to disassemble the motor because now when I start the engine there is a noise. Maybe a magnet touches the steering wheel, I do not know yet. I must look after dismantling the engine.
For the seats, they finished last week, I managed to save the cook who nevertheless was very dry and very hard. For a long time, I tabled with a brush, neat's foot oil (which is used to maintain the saddles for horses). Then I repaired tears with a suitable product and then I dyed black. Now there are still some oil comes out when it's hot, but just wipe it with a clean cloth. Soon all the oil that there will be too much out and seats will be clean and dry. Meanwhile, just avoid having white pants to sit on the seats. The result is perfect for me. The patina of the seats gives Ford a great authenticity.

See you soon

Olivier

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 02:59 am:

Olivier! That is looking wonderful! I am quite impressed that you could do such a nice restoration in so short a time.
Very nice. Very nice indeed.
Drive carefully, and do enjoy that car! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 08:57 am:

Olivier, you said "I managed to save the cook." The translator confused "cuire" (cook) and "cuir" (leather). Things like that happen sometimes with machine translation. :-)

The seats look great, by the way. So does the rest of the car....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 10:54 am:

I'm glad Dick is here to translate the computer translation for us. I had no clue what Olivier intended, but I was pretty sure it wasn't cook. :-)

Olivier, your car looks wonderful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 11:37 am:

I wish my `12 looked that nice--amazing what you a were able to achieve restoring the leather seats. I`m motivated to try the same!(see my car in my profile picture...) Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 01:49 pm:

Hello Olivier:
WOW!....a fantastic recovery. The seats look terrific....how cool to have been able to preserve the vintage hides. Body finish looks marvelous, and the top fitting looks super....a job well done Sir. Is the badge on the dash a Henri Depassi (pardon spelling) plate?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Thank you to all.

Today I released the 1912 for the first time to take pictures.
Now I'm looking forward to repair the engine problem to finally make a first down.
Here are pictures taken this afternoon

Olivier

4 years ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

Is that Hugo behind the steering wheel? How is your wife doing? Do I dare ask how her ankle is?
The '12 is gorgeous! Your other T touring is beautiful also. I still hope for the day you re-restore the other one. That would make quite a collection!
Drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

Thanks Wayne.

Yes it is Hugo at the wheel of the 1912... He is very proud of this model T.

Pascale is undergoing a third operation to his ankle in February. It was a little difficult at first, but now she walks without limp and less pain. The surgeon said that she should have another operation to a prosthesis, but now its may wait at least 5 years.

For the 1924, I'll certainly start the restoration after the summer. Needed me a little time to want to start the restoration, but now I feel ready.

Circle of friends

Olivier

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

What an amazing transformation to the '12!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 01:46 am:

Ongoing problems with her ankle is difficult. However, I just thank the heavens (mon Dieu?) that it was not so much worse. To truly enjoy life always poses some risk.
Hugo looks to be a fine young man! You and Pascale should be proud.

Drive carefully my friend, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 12:19 am:

Olivier-

I have been watching faithfully with anticipation and it has turned out beautiful!

Please tell us the color codes you used for the paint and the pinstripe.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

Blue is reference: 475 Blue rock'n roll. The color of the Fiat 500.
For pinstrip, I used gray paint 195 at "1shot"

Olivier

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration