C cab stencil - One side done and one to go

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: C cab stencil - One side done and one to go
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 11:13 pm:

My TT was originally painted with my great great uncle's name and information. I just got done painting one side. I'm no sign painter so I opted to use vinyl stencils and actually had the name made from the original stencil used on the truck when it was done originally. The pictures show some of the steps to get it done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 11:22 pm:

Nice were you get the stencil supplies

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Bob, I got the stencils made at a local sign shop and painted with acrylic enamel with a little hardener.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 08:09 am:

I like it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 11:16 am:

Looks great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 11:23 am:

Nice work Justin. It really looks good.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

Hi Justin - It's really looking nice. I can hardly wait to see the finished truck.....no doubt you feel the same way.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, Keith, I'm really looking forward to getting it done. I've been doing the thankless chassis work and couldn't resist doing the cab stencils. I only work about an hour or so a night on it but I'm hoping to have it running and driving by fall (minus a bed which may be the winter project).

So far the engine appears very good with a stock bore and no ridge or scoring. It is a 1929 engine and doesn't appear to have seen much use. I'm re-gasketing it and installing new bands. This forum helps to keep my motivation up particularly when I see progress being made on other people's cars and trucks.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration