Model T Radiator Hoses

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T Radiator Hoses
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

The Rip Van Winkle 1917 Ford originally came with black radiator hoses. I think only red hoses are available now. Does anyone know why? Did they originally come in black and red?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 05:54 pm:

That, T find very interesting! The several VERY old hoses on radiators etc I have see have all been red. I have no way of knowing if they were Ford originals or not. Mostly they were too deteriorated to see any sort of name or script on them.
I await answers and opinions from those more learned than I.
(For those not as up on these things, Kim D is a past caretaker of the RvW model T and one of the respected authorities of what is right or wrong on early Ts.)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Black hose rubber had carbon black. My guess is they had been replaced. Royce's father bought a 17 roadster with only a thousand miles on it about 1954. Royce May be able to tell what was on that car originally .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Black hose rubber had carbon black. My guess is they had been replaced. Royce's father bought a 17 roadster with only a thousand miles on it about 1954. Royce May be able to tell what was on that car originally .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

Ted, these hoses were replaced when Daniel Holthaus got the car. At that point, the car had only 26 miles on it. Those hoses are rock hard. I think there are original to the car. Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

our 16 has red top and black bottom hoses on it the original owner told my dad it had 1500 miles on it when he got it in 1941. the guy bought a new chev. in 24 and parked the ford. it looks to me the bottom hose clamps look more evenly tightned than the top red hose.but maybe it was just retightned the hoses are all hard as a rock!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

I recall owning a set of black hoses that fit a Model T. They had the Ford script on them in red and were rock hard when I got them. I figured they were Ford originals but have no proof. Kim, I may have used them on the 19 you got from Daniel. I can't find them now.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration