Looking for 1926/27 sideview drawing with measurements.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Looking for 1926/27 sideview drawing with measurements.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey - Blue River, Oregon on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 12:38 am:

I'm looking for a drawing like this I have of a TT, except it needs to be for a 1926/27 T. I have found one for the earlier cars. I want to find a good enough file, that I can have it printed up about 1/2 scale and hang on my wall, so I can then work out the profile of my speedster body on it. Sort of like when they loft out a boat design on the wall of the boatshed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey - Blue River, Oregon on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

Btt

(Message edited by Erik Journey on May 11, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

Hey Erik, maybe the early car drawing would be close enough, wheelbase, tires, most locations would be similar. If you could post the early T drawing I would sure like to print one, I'm making an express body on a T frame, sometimes any line drawing can help. Thanks, Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

Earlier chassis:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey - Blue River, Oregon on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

Jim, the measured drawing that Dan posted is the same that I have. Thanks Dan for the 1926 drawings. They will help me sketch out my speedster body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 07:06 am:

From the Jan 1926 Service Bulletins -- 1926 improved car. First an easy to view on the computer version:

Second - higher resolution -- better for saving to your computer.

Note that many of the 1926-27 dimensions are a little different from the 1909-25 dimensions. When looking at the cars it isn't that noticeable. But if you try to fit a 1926 hood on a 1925 car -- the hood is too long etc.

Note the 1926-27 parts fit together nicely and the 1909-25 parts fit together nicely. Some of those parts mix very easily (such as the rear axle assembly. Some of those parts do not mix easily -- such as the lower steering column bracket, frame in general, etc. Please see the posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/24786.html that discusses mixing the different year steering parts etc. See also the posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/540785.html?1431414431 where links to the frame drawings and discussions of mixing 1909-25 with 1926-27 parts are also discussed.

While any parts can be adapted -- in general it is a much easier job to fit the same year range parts.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 07:33 am:

Thank you Hap. And Dan. Those drawings even have the floorboard dimensions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey - Blue River, Oregon on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 09:20 am:

That's perfect! Thank you Hap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Levans - Lafayette, Indiana on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

I wonder why they include the gas tank and even reference a flange dimension if this is the improved car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 02:03 pm:

Ford sold the bare chassis for independent body builders. The chassis layout drawing was made to help designing a body. Since no cowl was included, the usual oval tank was used on the chassis sold without body. 26/27 Fordors and TT trucks were also sold without cowl tanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Levans - Lafayette, Indiana on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

Thanks for clarifying, Roger. That makes sense!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration