MTFCA Forum: a Model T treasure

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: MTFCA Forum: a Model T treasure
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 09:20 am:

Posts this morning by Wayne Sheldon, Royce P., and Hap Tucker have reminded me once again how much I appreciate this forum. The clear, pertinent, and thorough answers to questions by Wayne and Royce are excellent advice, and Hap's wealth of Model T knowledge and eye for detail continue to amaze me. Also impressive is Dan Treace's ability to answer a question with the perfect pictures. Those gentlemen and the dozens of other participants here who regularly share their years of experience with us relative newcomers is a tremendous asset. I could go on and on listing lots of other names, but I need to go get some work done. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 09:27 am:

Pssssst. Hey Jelf. You are one of the best assets here as well. Get to work !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Amen, Brother!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 11:10 am:

Absolutely agree!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 11:31 am:

This is what I do every morning while I drink my coffee!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 11:36 am:

Larry - You do that too? And here I thought I was the only one..... :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

Ahhhh yes,.....the MTFCA Forum Morning Coffee Club,......I have to wonder just how many of us there are! More than we'll probably ever know, right? And some mornings are what I call "a two-cup morning"! Somewhat dependent upon what's going on in the forum,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

I am usually in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

Yup!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 03:39 pm:

I first read this as I was drinking my morning coffee and looking for the Spring Pad dimensions and info that Mr. Jelf and others have posted previously. What can I say but thanks to all that have helped us find our way through so many projects.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 03:53 pm:

I have to say "A-Men" to all the answers that I have gotten here in the years I have been on the Forum. One thought is we are all here to pass on the wealth of information. If in the area of Steve Jelf, see his projects, and take him to lunch and see what happens-Boy he is expensive! Just kidding Steve, it was a pleasure to meet you and see all the stuff you had going, and knowing that where you go so goes the Yellow (I think)tape measure, and I still don't know if it is to measure time or as someone else to measure and see if there is room for one more Model T!
The Best to Everyone on the MMMTTTFFFCCCAAA Forum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

I'm a member of the morning coffee club too. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. What I want to know is where the heck are all you guys at 2:00 AM PDT? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 04:21 pm:

If we're having a better night than you Henry, we're probably in bed!

Actually, I quite often have "one of those" nights too Henry, and I've found that it's a good time to see what those folks "down under" are up to!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

I usually am up till about then. I have my morning coffee on here also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

X morning

X noon

X night

X many times in between

Jelf, U are one of my favorite contributors!!!,

The reason for that schedule is that I'm sitting here recovering from knee surgery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

Agreed Steve. One of my concerns is how all the old forum posts are being archived.

If your willing to search, you can find information on almost anything T related. It would be a travesty to lose all this good info. I hope its being backed up in multiple locations, so its available forever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Miles- North Carolina on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 09:42 pm:

I agree with all you guys! I'm building my first T and very green about this particular "animal"! Not my first or only build, but definately a "first" for this flavor! I appreciate the knowledge and especially the tolerance and patience to provide the correct answer or send me a link to help me find my answers. You guys are great! I hope to get the opportunity to meet and visit someday. I still have lots of questions. I'll be posting several in a few minutes! By the way, I'm the FNG, but I also have my coffee here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

Well the knowledge here is much wider than just T's to. I emailed John Regan about a chain saw ignition system and he explained it's operation in a way that I could understand.

Good folks here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

I'm in the AM Coffee/Forum Club.
Also check in a few times during the day.
Steve Jelf is one of my favorites too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 08:49 am:

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I read the forum every morning while drinking my juice (tomato or orange). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

Me too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 02:02 pm:

Three fingers of Jack Daniel's every morning and the forum. Best way to start the day :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

You guys make my day. Love having my morning coffee, my lunch and just before I go to bed. love to read it all.
I will soon be getting my 26 on the road if I ever get the new garage done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 08:30 am:

Steve,

Thanks for reminding us about what a “treasure” we have in the forum. And as others have said, I too really appreciate your homespun humor and ingenuity. And a special thanks to Chris our webmaster for putting in the hours to keep the forum running so we can enjoy the fellowship and learning it facilitates. From working on the cars, touring with the cars, collecting accessories, to researching information about the cars – our hobby covers a wide range interests. And our forum encourages us to pursue our dreams. Some only see a rusty pile of metal while others see a speedster or a restored runabout etc.

As Kenneth H. Blanchard and others have said, “None of us is as smart as all of us.” Thanks to everyone for contributing their questions, answers, “oops’s” and their concerns. You all make this a great place to have a cup of coffee, tea, juice, etc. and pull up a chair to sit a while before rushing off to the market place or the garage.

Thankfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 08:37 am:

Dennis S.

Three FACTS from Jack Daron is my "cup of tea"!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration