New spring for "Float-a-Ford" shock absorber

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New spring for "Float-a-Ford" shock absorber
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

I stopped by the spring maker and picked up the new spring for the "Float-a Ford" shock absorber. The one on the top is the new one.
This outfit has made various custom springs for me. One of the more interesting projects was 5 sets of new valve springs for 1912 or so Cadilacs (they are sort of "beehive" shaped)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

NEAT!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 01:31 am:

It sure looks good! I like the "Float-A-Ford" shock absorbers, but don't see many of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Sandberg on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

Les: I have a complete set of Float a Ford shock castings but with some distorted springs and missing some springs. I would like a set of specifications for the springs and a supplier of the springs if you would not mind sharing. Thanks so much

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

Now, if only you could convince your spring maker to start making flat wire coil springs, we could have replacements for those worn-out rollers in our Hyatt roller bearings.

After all, it's really just a flat wound coil spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 06:38 pm:

Flat wound coil spring; sounds like making a Damascus barrel for the old black powder rifles. We need to find a black powder rifle maker who can supply us with bearing parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 07:07 pm:

Les- not to Hijack the thread, I've tried to get a hold of you a few different ways with no success. If you have a minute could you PM me I'd like to get a pair of rocker arm covers for a 16v Roof..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

Don
Do you need both the short and long springs? I can take samples over to the spring maker if I have your quantity requirements
All
I have been in discussions about a possible alternative roller design using some state of the art technology
Mike
I have emailed you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

Don
Do you need both the short and long springs? I can take samples over to the spring maker if I have your quantity requirements
All
I have been in discussions about a possible alternative roller design using some state of the art technology
Mike
I have emailed you

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration