Body wood/ blocks/ floor for Franken-T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Body wood/ blocks/ floor for Franken-T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Miles- North Carolina on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 10:08 pm:

I'm building a Brass era Speedster for my Boss and have no info on body blocks, floor dimensions, or how the frame-to-wood attaches. We purchased the floorboard kit from Smith-n-Jones (only the pedal sections) to at least get a pattern for that small section. The frame is '26-27 I'm mostly sure. It has the rear spring hangers going through holes in the flange on the rear crossmember. Hopefully you guys can help me with some drawings, dimensions, links to where I can see how its assembled. It's a flat dash, no cowl..going with '14 hood assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Miles- North Carolina on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 10:11 pm:

We (He) is also looking to purchase a running engine in the '23 range. Do I need to put that info on the classifieds instead of here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Would be best, yes. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 09:26 am:

When building a speedster you just build it the way you want it to look.
Pretty much a blank canvas.
I built this one because I wanted a boat tail.
I'd go to the vintage speedster site and look at all the pics.
That might help you decide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Miles- North Carolina on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

That's gorgeous Bob! He knows what he want's it to look like with the box on back, monacle, etc...from pics of his old friend's car. Unfortunately the friend and car are not around anymore. My search is for where the body blocks go and how the rest is attached. Was hoping to find a link or video. I've looked at many, many pics, but still unclear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 11:54 pm:

Thanks Daryl.
I built a wood pickup too, but can't find a pic.
Both are built on a piece of 3/4 or 1" plywood that I cut bigger than needed and trimmed down as I went.
They have a strip of plywood down each frame rail to get the floor off the rivet heads and other stuff on the frame.
I mocked them up with cardboard and duct tape to get the looks I wanted then did the woodwork.
There aren't any other wood blocks....just the 3 or 4 inch wide plywood strips.
Feel free to ask specific questions.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration