Vintage Ford On CD--update?????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Vintage Ford On CD--update?????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 09:58 am:

Is anyone beside me interested in having the club issue an update of the "Vintage Ford on CD" to include years since 2000? I AM NOT volunteering since I have no technical knowledge or skill, but someone did the Vol 1-Vol 35 set almost 15 years ago, so there must be some folks who could do it. While I have those, I would like to have the past 10-14 (or fifteen by the time it would come out) years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

i would be interested in having a copy. i am also looking for a complete set of vintage ford paperback set. i knew i should have jumped on the set that recently sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 12:45 am:

Charles I think that would be a great idea if someone could do the job. I have them up to the 2000 year, I think that was by Bruce, I think.

If it cam=n be done for a reasonable price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 12:50 am:

I'd go for an update set

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 07:12 am:

Yes, I would also be interested in an update, as it allows you to quickly search for key words. Also once loaded on the computer they don't get lost in the stack.

I would volunteer to help scan them. But I would need some guidance on what format etc. They were previously scanned using optical character recognition (OCR) so the words can be searched. They are not just an image.

And they may not even need to be scanned. Perhaps some of them were sent to the printer in a digital format to begin with? If so they may be usable as is, or more likely would need to be reformatted some for home use.

For Scott -- I would suggest you contact the Horseless Carriage Foundation at: http://www.hcfi.org/ and ask them if they have any sets and/or the missing issues you need. In the past they have had many items for sale to help support the foundation. And from memory several of those items have been sets of the "Vintage Ford" as well as the "Model T Times" as well as individual issues.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 08:46 am:

I sure hope that OCR programs have improved - the last time I used one, I spent as much time correcting its errors as I would have spent retyping the text in the first place!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 09:15 am:

Count me in as interested in an updated set. Can't see spending that kind of money on a set that,s missing the last 15 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

Seems the best way to get digital copies would be from the original printer files. I would think in this era they would be digital already. How does Jay send them from Indiana to Bakersfield to be printed?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration