Bermuda Bell s

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bermuda Bell s
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

Where can I find a Bermuda Bell ? I don't know if they belong on a Model T or not, but I would like to buy an older one. What do they sound like? Are they about the Same? Thank you. Dan. Colorado

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Ebay? http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BERMUDA-BELL-phoenix-custom-hot-street-rat-rod-c ar-model-T-or-A-/111666584671

Sounds like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fOB7MjSG3o

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

There was a Bermuda bell in my '22 Coupe when I bought it so I reconditioned it and left it in. It sounds just like the one that Roger posted. Kids and adults get a kick out of it. I was told but do not have any factual information to back it up that the bell was installed in the early cars to warn pedestrians of an approaching car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

There is a difference between the vintage nickeled brass ones vs the aluminum ones. The brass ones offer a loud, very rich sound compared to the aluminum ones. They sell for more too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

In 1954 I put one in my 36 Plymouth. It was still in the car when I sold it to the neighbor across the street for $25 with a install it yourself rear axle assembly. I have wished several times I still had that bell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

I have one on my '14 touring and was told that it was a warning chime. Trolly cars of the era had bells to warn pedestrians and it was logical to have a similar warning bell on cars. Don't know how true that is but it makes sense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/128544.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

I have seen them on early electric cars.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration