Clutch finger question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Clutch finger question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

I have been sorting some more of the estate NOS parts and have found a difference in the clutch fingers. There are two with part numbers of 732 and 732B and have a "large" pivot hole and what I would call a "round" finger/arm. The only real difference I see is the shape of the finger/arm "crook". The other 2 styles are what I would call a "flat" finger/arm style and they have no part numbers. The major difference I see is the pivot hole. There is a "large" hole and a "small" hole style. Comparing all of them to each other the three large hole styles seem to be the same as to function, and should replace each other OK. The small pivot hole in the fourth style will not work to replace the other three. My main question is what year are the small hole style for. I have matched all the NOS ones I have into sets of three but need to know what years to label the sets. Also what is a fair value of a set of three in NOS condition. I do not think they are reproduced, but they probably do not wear out very much either. Thanks for putting up with all the questions. Some of the small little details are the hardest to figure out ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

The 732B Clutch fingers are for the "Improved" Fords of '26-'27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

Thanks Bob.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration