Over nighters are fun

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Over nighters are fun
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

After thinking about some tours coming up with many folks, two couples decided to do an over night trip last weekend. It included 100 miles on Saturday, roast beef and mashed potatoes on the cooker for Saturday lunch, a creek crossing, dinner at a nice German restaurant, a great nights stay in a wonderful bed and breakfast, lunch at a farm to table restaurant and 100 miles back home on Sunday. Who says you have to wait for tours. The women folk had a great time. I am just saying, get out and get it dun. And we were no more than 125 miles from our house, after trailering to Indiana to get started.
The woven wire fence with old golf clubs pushed through openings vertically was the highlight of Saturday driving. There had to be at least 500 clubs in all, along several hundred feet of fence.
I wish I knew how to post the pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

I also wish you knew how to post pictures! Sounds like a wonderful tour with good people.
Still, thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 11:42 pm:

A lot of our local clubs in the Houston, Austin and San Antonio area seem to like to do one day museum tours with almost no driving in the T. I do not go to the almost no driving tours. I keep hoping for more real driving tours, but there seem to be less and less of the real tours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 08:04 am:

Our goal was to be on roads with no lines, gravel and no 4 lane stuff. 90% of the routes qualified. And due to the recent rains, there were box turtles galore in the roads trying to stay dry.
I agree with the driving. We like to have destination points but the best part is getting to see as much as possible at 30 MPH. I a,m glad there are still folks that agree with this idea!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

Two weeks ago, eleven pre-1915 cars.....mostly model T's from our local HCCA regional group started our progressive tour near Laughlin Nevada. We traveled via Oatman, Kingman, Seligman on old hwy 66 and continued up to the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Except for the road from Williams Az. to the Canyon, all other roads traveled had very little traffic. The road we traveled from Ash Fork was dirt all the way to Williams. We returned the same route. We stayed two nights at the Canyon. Our overnight between stay was Seligman Ariz. on old hwy 66. The Motel was old but clean and the bed as hard as a rock....decorated with route 66 stuff, etc. Ate next door at the Road Kill Café.
Had a great time.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration