Choice of carburetors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Choice of carburetors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

For speedsters, the choice of carburetors is interesting. If dual carburetors are used, why the popularity of the Windfield and not that of the Tillotson (as seen on Overlands)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

Winfields are just cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

Most of the older Tillotsons have vanes in them that no longer work and aluminum parts that are brittle and can't be worked with. Winfields are cool. Master Miller are at least as good or better and they are brass so they can be worked on. Some Winfields are aluminum, some are pot metal. All are hard to do much with if they are cracked or bent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

The one I liked best was a Claudel that was on a car I sold about 25 years ago. I wish I still had it. (Both the car or the carburetor)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 06:50 pm:

I have a single Winfield on my '15. The difference going from a straight thru NH to the Winfield was astounding. It seemed like I had an extra cylinder. Are you sure you really want two of them? They come in many sizes, just buy a bigger one if you need more airflow. I can go faster than needed with one of them!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration