OT Identify these cars?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Identify these cars?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

A friend sent this picture to me in an email to see if I could identify the cars. I have not had much luck. The talent on this forum for identifying cars is unbelievable, so I thought I would post it to see what all could be identified. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

Zoomed in to the far row:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

i think the car in the far row with the brass rad is a Buick,the car up frt,could be emf or Cadillac. of coarse there had to be one ford ha ha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

This one certainly looks like an early Model T.

Best regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 02:46 pm:

It looks like the cars on either side of the "Buick?" and the next one to the left are all the same make going by the steep pitched hood. Any idea what those might be? The friend is especially interested in the one to the front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 07:01 pm:

Steve,

If you can have your friend provide you (or me) a higher resolution scan we could crop the photos so folks could see additional details.

You asked about the auto in front that is shown below:

Below is a zoomed in area on the radiator. I believe those squares may represent an automobile emblem on the radiator. A higher resolution photo might (or might not) give us the details so we could recognize it.

For an illustration of how a higher resolution photo can sometimes be helpful please see my posting of our 1918 touring at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/538954.html and how the higher resolution allows you to read the year on the license plate.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

This photo has been around a few times lately. The car at lower right is a late 1909 or 1910 EMF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Chris -- thank you so much! Many of us don't read all of the threads -- just not enough time.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Thanks to all who have responded. I was beginning to wonder if I would get much response, then there it is.

Hap, I will see if I can get a higher resolution version of the picture. In the mean time I will let the friend know what we know so far. Again thanks to all of you.

Chris, you say this picture has come up before? Was that here on the forum or somewhere else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

Hap and Steve-I thought I saw it here, but it turns out a friend emailed it to me about 3 weeks ago and it was posted on the AACA website two weeks ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

Chris - We probably received the email from the same friend. That was about the time frame when I received it. Took me a while to thing about posting it here. I haven't been on AACA forum for a long while, so hadn't seen it there. Thanks for your response.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Rigdon on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 05:26 pm:

I think the vehicle immediately behind the EMF is a 1906 Hayburner.

Ajo Bill

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration