Fans and Rivets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Fans and Rivets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 03:58 pm:

What tools are folks using to rivet new fan blades on old hubs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

Find a good buck and a ball peen hammer. Then be careful you don't break the casting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

I use my CLECO 7X rivet gun and rivet sets with a steel bar in the vise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:03 am:

John,

Check the thickness of each individual blade. My buddy bought a "set" a couple years ago, riveted it all together and it shook violently when he started the car. Turned out, each blade was made from a different thickness of metal and was WAY out of balance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:09 am:

John, If you have a good radiator, and keep moving, a fan is not needed. You might consider not running one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

Oh....just leave a rivet or two out of the heavy blade.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

But Mike, how will he keep his water pump turning without a fan belt? ;o)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration