Improved car jack

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Improved car jack
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

It is my understanding that Ford changed from the screw jack to a ratchet type jack for 1925 Model T Ford.. Bruce's parts list shows #2343 in parts catalog dated May 1925 for $1.25. Apparently a price reduction to $1.00 in Oct 1926.

What I do not see is any picture or description of the "flip top" jack that is said to have come with the improved car in the Model T literature.

The Model A Ford (1928 vintage) judging standards documents early 1928 Model A Fords with a flip top jack similar to the Model T, but with a hole thorough the flip top part.

Does anyone know of documentation such as an article in the Ford owner and Dealer or other such publication that lists the flip top jack for a model T Ford.

It appears to make sense to have the flip top jack for the improved car, as the front axle was closer to the ground. However it would be easier explain to people that it is correct if some printed documentation was available. Thus the request in this posting.

Perhaps Donnie Brown, Original Larry or others may have researched this and already have documentation.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

Arnie

See post of May 11. Titled : Model T Jack Performance
Scroll to my post May 9 and read the article Tools / Jacks by Trent Boggess. He documented that flip top jack from Accession 1701 at the Benson Ford Research Library

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:32 am:

Thanks Dan for pointing me to Trent Boggess information from Accession 1701!

Arnie

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration