Mac's on eBay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mac's on eBay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:44 am:

I see that Mac's Auto Parts is venturing into selling on eBay. (Zero feedbacks so far.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Rear-Fender-Bracket-To-Frame-Mounting-Bolt- Set-18-Pieces-/111670195671?hash=item1a000ff5d7&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Running-Board-Mounting-Set-32-Pieces-/11167 0195713?hash=item1a000ff601&vxp=mtr

Those are a couple of their many listings. Note that the hardware is all modern pieces, with shiny plating and raised markings on the bolt heads. Somehow I'm not surprised that the parts they are offering are very unlike original parts. They'll work, but they surely won't look right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Oh, I thought you meant they were auctioning off the business.:-) I'd bid $1.00.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:11 pm:

Same bolts as Home Depot but they charge more.
Hal I have a Franklin 50 cent piece can I be your partner?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Sure, but I had better be careful with my Mac's comments lest I get another nasty phone call from a MTFCA official.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

Hal, surly you are joking? A Dollar? Naw, to much!

a PHONE CALL? What the???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

"Somehow I'm not surprised that the parts they are offering are very unlike original parts. They'll work, but they surely won't look right."

The same set appears to be sold by other vendors, so this is not unique to Mac's

It looks like they are providing an alternate checkout process for folks who already have eBay/PayPal accounts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 02:52 pm:

MAC's is not the only vendor who sells on E-Bay many of them do but I guess some members just can't wait to find something negative to say so they can bad mouth MAC's. If you don't like them don't shop there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Allen on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

I'm a Lang's man m'self. Snyder's is next. Birdhaven after that.
I don't like Macs, so I don't shop there.
Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

Amen Jon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 05:10 pm:

MAC's has outpriced their stock and shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

I live on the other side of the world, my first order online was via a competitor and postage was $90. A few minutes later I found Macs and checked the same order & postage was $45...bugger! Since then Macs has been my choice. I cant fault them so far for what I've ordered - cheaper shipping, automated email on exactly where your parcel is at each stage, good products, timely email response on an enquiry plus they often have promotions like 15% off. Usually everybody is selling the same brands anyway. Yes sometimes one item can be cheaper elsewhere and I always compare other sites and will use them at times when they can better Mac's but not many show you the exact international shipping quotes as you process your order and then add or remove items to adjust the cost, you have to email and ask for a quote for each option? We have a dollar limit including postage here to avoid import tax & duty so juggling an order to keep under this limit is vital for us.
I Like Macs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Most the parts I have bought, I got from Mac's. Lang's didn't show the parts I needed, so I e-mailed them, never returned my e-mails twice, and Snyder's did carry what I needed!
I got everything I needed quickly from Mac's, and it was a large (number wise) order of parts. I will continue to get my stuff from Mac's. They have the parts, return e-mails, and ship quickly, as they have with every order I have made with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:53 pm:

I am glad that at least 2 folks have had good results from Mac's! That has to be a new record. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 06:48 am:

I'm with Jon Allen when he described himself as "a Lang's man." I have never had a bad experience with Lang's - not once in over 15 years. They have followed up on every email and every phone call. Their shipping rates are the most reasonable out there - bar none. They have gone out of their way to assist - from tech support to used parts. They are simply fantastic - which is why they always have and always will get my business. They are an absolute treasure for the Model T community.

Snyder's is also excellent - and the only source I use for Model A parts. I love the fact that they have Saturday hours! There were several occasions over the years when their tech support availability on a Saturday kept me from making a very costly mistake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Mack, I sent you an E-Mail.

Yep. Lang's and Snyder's for me. I'm sure most of the others are good as well. I just have good service from Lang's and Snyder's and have no reason to go any place else. I'd give up antique cars and take up basket weaving for a hobby before I bought another thing from Mac's. That's just how bad they pissed me off. Got no use for 'em.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 07:56 am:

Snyders has been good to me. Smith and Jones is not bad either. Got your email.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration