Lost My Little Buddy Last Night

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Lost My Little Buddy Last Night
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:56 am:

My heart is absolutely broken. _Last night, I lost so dear and faithful a friend, my constant companion of almost thirteen years. _He passed, peacefully in his sleep, here at home. _Rest in peace, my beloved Rockie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:59 am:

Bob,

So sorry to hear this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Sorry to hear that Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Ragland , Pea Ridge Arkansas on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:13 am:

Bob, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My little six pound Izzy makes my days much brighter. Only my best wishes for you. Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Sorry to hear Bob ,I too lost a great friend like yours..know how you must feel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:32 am:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Very sorry to learn of your loss Bob. Condolences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:45 am:

We are sorry to hear of your loss, Bob. We once had a dog and suffered a similar loss.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:46 am:

Ed, the thought was beautiful but I think maybe you are pushing religion a little to far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:50 am:

Sorry to hear that Bob, Reminded me of the 2 I had. Lost them after 15 years, they allowed me to have cars so that I could take them for rides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:54 am:

Bob, sorry that you lost your good and faithful friend. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Allen on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

Sorry about your loss. They are like family.
I like dogs better than people.

Here are some friends of mine (Izzy, Pepper & Charlie):

Regards,
Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

The loss of a friend and companion can leave a big hole even a Dog. Sorry to hear about the loss.
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:25 pm:

Very saddened to hear of your loss Bob. Our pets are also family, and losing one has never gotten easier.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

Lost my Chocolate Lab 2-3 years ago. I still cannot make myself get another one. I am afraid the new one would not live up to my expectations based on the other one and that would not be fair to the dog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

Sorry your buddy is gone.
When you feel up to it go by the local shelter. Alot of good dogs are waiting.
I first got Runt,a lab mix as a pup, and later picked up a stray, Buddy, and both are alot of fun most of the time.Make some noise barking and shed in the shop but that comes with the territory of having a 4 legged buddy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

Heartbreaking when a dear pet dies. I grieved for years over the lost 4 legged love of my life. When you nurse a critter from a difficult birth and see him thru some very touch and go periods, you bond for life and beyond.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey - Blue River, Oregon on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

I am so sorry for your loss. Dogs make better people than most people do. These two spoiled labs are my "kids".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

Coming home from two weeks in the hospital yesterday the up lift of my three dogs greeting me was sure welcome. unconditional love is something everyone should experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

The Princess and I offer our condolences. It is always rough to lose a member of the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 03:45 pm:

My new dog Honey Badger say's a lot of her friends need new homes. I think she's a poodle, my neighbor named her Badger, because she looked like a black dust mop when we got her from a bad home. Lived her first four years on a three foot chain. You should see how much she loves our big back yard and my other dogs.
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 03:59 pm:

The silly, loving, critters sure have a way of getting into your heart. You know from the beginning that it cannot be forever, yet, that doesn't help at all when the time comes for them to go.
My sympathies.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Mackinnon on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 05:22 pm:

Bob, so sorry - clearly a bunch of us dog lovers here!!

A lot of people on the AACA forum know me instantly from my German Shep "avatar" which I have had for almost 10 years. After losing 2 of those great dogs in a 13 month stretch (ages 10 & 9) we rescued a "classic mutt" this time! I know it is a hard loss, hope you consider a rescue - it is a really good thing if you can do it.

(Love your FB posts, BTW, always interesting)

Here is our new family member, Stella -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

Bob,

So sad you lost Rockie! It is just crazy how much one gets to love these faithful animals. Dogs are just amazing! I choke up just thinking about loosing our two little rescue dogs. Since we got them from the animal shelter, they were already adults, so we will not get to have them near as long as we would have wanted. Wife is allergic, so we found a couple that don't shed. One is a Miniature Poodle, Lucky, and the other, Friskie, is a Maltese and Terrier mix, and I tell you, the Terrier is strong in that one!
This group seems to love dogs as well as old cars. You are my kind of people!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Sorry, always sad to loose a good friend and family member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

Bob, I am sorry for your loss of a great friend, I know how you feel, our pup Luke is 14 years and on borrowed time and hate to even think of him (135lbs.) not here begging for treats from the grand kids. Steve Redelman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 06:13 pm:

Bob, so sorry to hear of your loss. They just become part of the family. My heart goes out to you. I'd be lost without mine. Harv.dog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 06:23 pm:

Bob

I understand and commiserate. Only a dog owner can really understand your loss. Amazing how many T people are dog owners.

Molly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

We lost Rocky two weeks ago. Sorry to hear you lost your little guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

BOb,all of us pet owners feel your pain.It is tough loosing out little buddies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Sorry for your loss, Bob. I sure know the pain. Axle was a mutt and runt of the litter. He stayed with us for over 17 years. We felt we could never bring another into our home as there could never be another Axle. Well, we were wrong and we were right. A year later we felt we could help in rescuing a greyhound so we adopted Bentley, an ex-racer. He was a bouncer, meaning he had been adopted a couple of times and was so hard to deal with he was given back to the organization he was adopted from. Well, here we were right. Bentley was no Axle and was a real piece of work, but we told him he was out of luck - this was the last stop. That was 11 years ago and he is now showing his age. His right rear wheel collapses on him sometimes but it's only because his not so old mind still tells him to run out the door at full speed. After Bentley came Mercedes - as sweet as they come. They both have their own unique personalities and traits and they greet us when we come home like we'd been gone for months just as Axle did. In the end, no, there will never be another Axle. But there will never be another Bentley or Mercedes either. There are so many out there that just want to be someone's "another".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam "POPS" Humphries Lexington, KY on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

In the last 55 years we have lost 8 dear friends and members of our family due to health and age. We now have our 10th who just turned 10. They are all still in our hearts. When it comes GUS's time we will find another not to replace him as we never can, just to fill our hearts and lives with the great joy that they bring without demanding much at all. Nothing like coming home to a noisy friend.

The Rainbow Bridge will need a large spot for us someday. What a reunion that will be. I just printed the Rainbow Bridge to place next to "When I turn old and Grey". Thanks Ed in California for posting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary R. Bussell on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

I am feeling ya Bob. Never had a pet until Bishop 12 years ago. My constant companion. Favorite dog on the mountain and an ambassador of good will for pits. Bishop died on March 10 and Mom died on the 12th. Tuff month for me. Dogs are comforting and relaxing. This worked well for this old Nam vet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

Bobo is another in a short list of dogs that I've had the privilege to answer to. I pray, when my end comes, I'm allowed to be a part of their forever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

Bob,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. For those who have never had a faithful four pawed friend, they won't understand. But for those of us who have, we know what a friend they are. Hang in there. And remember it is not only "ok" to grieve, but we need to move through the stages of grief over time so we can remain healthy.

You are in our thoughts and prayers as you walk through this time of loss.

And while it may not be totally “theologically correct” I believe we will be happy in heaven someday. And if you need Rockie there to be happy – from what I have read, it sounds like God could arrange that for you.

God bless,

Hap l915 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

I look at loss a little differently than most. My pets and "friends" are looked after and
guarded to the highest possible level. They live a good life.

When that time comes, I know they had a good life. A life far better than they might
had elsewhere. And I look back on what happiness was had, understand that death comes
for us all eventually, and take solace in a job well done.

And besides, no matter how many we might take in, there are so many more that could
use a good home. Turn the grief into gratitude for the gift it was, and pass that on to the
next deserving "friend". I am sure Rockie would approve. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:39 pm:

Well said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

Bob, So sorry about your loss, I believe it was Will Rodgers who said "If dogs don't go to heaven then I want to go where they go." I know I'll probably be in your position soon, Madison is 15 and just not getting around to good any more but I can still get her to take our walks two or three times a day. Jim

mad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 12:36 am:

When I was seven it was Bruce the springer spaniel, who would hurry to get ahead of you on the trail, then slow down in front of you. Thirty years later it was Rocky, who barked at horses and empty horse trailers and once gave a serious barking to a feed store because it had a horse painted on the wall. Now it's Daisy, who is most comfortable when she's hauling around a chunk of wood.

All these unique individuals improve our lives, and we hate to see them go, but I'm glad all the dogs I've known were here to brighten the world with their loyalty and affection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 01:02 am:

Bob,
Sincere condolences on your loss. We, too, have been there, like so many others on this forum. Seems like love of our pets links us together like our devotion to model T's. We have had some great dogs, others not so much. Just like our human family. Still, they were all just that- family members and I miss them all. We have also been blessed with the companionship of some great shop cats. One is here with me right now in his comfy little nook on the corner of my work bench, overseeing quality control on all my projects. My orange tabby is here whenever I am. I enjoy being both a dog and cat person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 01:24 am:

The wifeperson feels I should tell my dog story. ..... Oh, the abuse !

We're talking about a yellow lab. Labs are the biggest suck weasels
to ever walk God's green earth, and ours is the worst. "Mother" abuses
the poor girl with all the girlie stuff ... treats, hugs, kisses, and coo-coo
talk.

I toss the dog in the back of the truck and we go for adventures. Lots
of things to smell, sticks to chase, and rivers to swim in. When she was
younger, she'd about come out of her skin over the smell of water, a ball,
or a tossed stick. Very serious stuff, don't you know. At 13, she's
about at the end of her run and soon we'll be facing the same thing as
Bob. She has to be helped up into the truck she used to fly into, and
the days of endless stick tossing are over. About 4 good tosses and she
has had enough. She was never hunted, as it was my wife's dog before
we met, and I gave up killing non-pest critters years ago .... so she missed
out on that kind of dog fun that many labs enjoy. But outside of that, I
can't think of a better life lived by a lab.

I have three cats that also do a lot of suffering. At least that's what they
would like you to think. As far as they are concerned, THEY are the center
of the universe and all attention should be directed to their every whim. As
we have things like JOBS and other responsibilities, they are quite vocal about
all our failures as "parents". Whatcha gonna do ???

It's a tough life for the critters at my house. If I could be reincarnated, I'd
like to come back as one of my cats (or dog).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 06:31 am:

Our pets have a way of getting under our skin.. and on our chair and have even been know to end up on the bed, so you have my sympathies for your sad time.
Many have presented pictures of their furry friends, and I thought Henry was appropriate for the Ford T site so I have taken the liberty of posting Henry the 7 inch high dog enjoying a ride our in '26 T.Henry the 7 " high Dog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 07:56 am:

Here’s our “great white hunters”. Yes Burger, I still chase the wild and wooly ringneck pheasant. My ‘girls’ are in for a big shock today as Wife says the ‘dog’ chair has to go today! I had the white dogs great grandmother for 16 years; she hunted every year of her life. Last few were in a wheel chair though!

Dog Chair

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 08:22 am:

Bob, I'm so so sorry to hear of your beloved dog passing. So nice though that he passed naturally, in his sleep. So much better than the usual alternative. I know that's not much comfort, and just the same, do get yourself another one! I'm like you Jon. Chuck, when you get rid of the "dog chair" y'all better get a replacement! They'll be totally lost and maybe even depressed without it. It becomes a "safe haven" for them! Those are two of the most contented looking pooches I've ever seen! It was "the chair" that finally settled down our overly-hyper, high strung Shephard/Beagle we had before the current, perfect Lab/Pitt that we absolutely adore now. But you still never forget all the past pets that have gone to dog heaven!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Bob, sorry to hear that Rockie has gone on to the endless meadows on the other side.

We are on our 4th Schnauzer, Luna is 13 now. She suffered some kind of attack two days ago. We're having blood work done to see if there is anything we can do to prevent them or make her more comfortable.

Her buddies are a tiger-haired mix who was adopted to take the 3rd Schnauzer's place and a black Lab retired seeing-eye dog who turns 13 this summer. They have a great time together (as do my wife and I with them) and we can't imagine life without their furry faces around.

When you've passed the initial grief, I hope you'll make room in your home for another. There are so many four footed critters that want to accompany us two footed ones - and they do it so well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Ed in California, your post made me think of this...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

Our cats try to own every chair in the house! Jinx is big enough to try to take over an entire sofa (she is a Highland Lynx and has wild Lynx in her ancestry). Talk about "Mutt and Jeff", the rescue cat at nine years old now is still the size of an average six-month-old kitten. Our senior cat just turned sixteen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

Wayne, I had never heard of that breed and Googled it, what great looking cats! How is their temperament? Please post pictures of yours.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Bummer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 01:14 am:

My brother's catahoula cur. Tips the scale at 180lbs. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 04:09 am:

Since Howard D asked, I will try to post a few pictures of Jinxie.

As a cat, she sleeps a lot! When not sleeping she grooms herself a lot and plays hard quite a bit. She runs through the house and flies from floor to dresser tops, sometimes more than halfway across the room. She is an attention hog, if one of the other cats is getting any attention, she will push her way in. Quite loving, and very affectionate, she often greets us when we come home. She loves to sleep on our laps during the day, and on our bed at night. She loves to have her ears scratched, and soaks up all the affection she can get.
At nine years old, she is mellowing a bit. She used to play "fetch" with her toys a lot. She still will , but not for as long a time.
We have always had cats, they are all loving and have their own personality. We have also had several dogs over the years. They all knew that I loved them.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 06:06 am:

Jinxie is a cool looking cat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 07:32 am:

Thanks Wayne, Having had cats our whole lives I'm starting to desire one again as we lost our two a few years ago and haven't been able to "love on" one since. A tiny stray calico wandered into my daughter's life about 5 years ago and promptly dropped 5 little bundles of joy. We took the giant male Mickey and his little sister Minne as my daughter couldn't stand to see them separated. We lost Mickey about 5 years ago near Xmas when he just died at 3 years ago and had to put Minnie down as she had an incurable illness at 4 years old. I had always thought the cats would out live me but sadly that was not to be. Seeing Jinxie brings back some fond memories, enjoy her.

Howard Denniskittens1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 07:39 am:

Mickey made it on to the forum but it absolutely refused to load my picture of both.

Howard Denniskittens2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

Sorry for your loss Bob. I lost my "Max" about a year ago so I truly do sympathize.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

Sorry for your loss, we lost our cat two days after Xmas but luckily we have two German shepards to cheer us up:?) keep your head up your puppy will be with you again one day:?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea Aldrich in Orting,WA on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 03:54 pm:

B-Zero_B
John told me about your buddy this morning. I am so sorry to hear this. I know he was your best friend.

Since we are headed your way later this month would you like us to bring ours for some real Schnauzer love... Schnauzer dedication

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 03:45 am:

Bob Coiro, We seem to be taking your special thread and drifting it a bit. But I think all the posts are in honor of your little buddy. All of us sharing stories of our furry friends know the loss you feel for your special friend. I have noticed his image in many of the photos you have posted over the years. I know he was loved, and that no other dog can take his place. Then again, you cannot have too many wonderful friends.

Howard D, A common problem with some breeds, both cats and dogs, is that if breeders have not been very careful, health problems can become bred in. When we got Jinxie, we also got her half brother, who was pure white, blue-eyed, and totally deaf. They were both kittens, and were very close. Buster (named after Keaton because of the way he would run into a room) seemed in excellent health, at first. Then troubles started. After spending a bunch of money, and taking him to a special veterinarian hospital, it was found that he had a serious liver defect. He left us soon after. Within a few months, Jinxie started to develop a type of tumors, several of them. More diagnostics. Some surgery with no guarantee of long-term success. But the tumors shrank, and eight years later, she seems just fine.

I can't help but wonder if there wasn't something similar with your two. They look to maybe have a bit of the Maine-Coon breed in them. Maine-coon cats are wonderful home cats. For long hairs, they don't shed a lot. Maine-Coon cats usually tend to be healthy and live a fairly long time.
Dogs or cats, love em all. W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 04:00 am:

One other little tale to tell. This one is more about Linda, my wife.

For what it is worth. Linda seems to have a strange connection through the cosmos. Cats with a need for a special home seem to call out. My wife will decide that we must go some place, it has been a park, or a pet store, a couple times an animal shelter, but always some place we have never been before. A website brought us Jinxie and Buster. There (wherever there is), we will get a cat. Often the cat will seem fine, only later to be found to have a serious issue. One sweet cat insisted on being held, constantly. Only to die of an apparent heart attack at less than 2 years old. Another incredible sweet cat, Buster, was white, blue-eyed, totally deaf, absolute loving pest, was running up a bunch of vet bills before he was found to have a congenital liver defect. He died soon after. There have been several others.
I console myself with the idea that we give these loving creatures a good home for the short time they have. It is still difficult. Every time.
One of our other cats (we have three at this time not counting the stray we feed outside), was a rescue kitten that had been deemed unadoptable and was being scheduled for destruction by the rescue shelter (they said so on their website). My wife found her in her usual inexplicable way. The cat was so wild when we took her home that we called her the "Cuisinart". Every night, for awhile, I would go downstairs where she was hiding, using a big old towel for protection, and take the cat up to where my wife was waiting with yet another towel to sit and hold her for a bit. After about a half hour, I would take the cat back downstairs and put her exactly where I had found her. It took almost a month before the cat would come out of hiding on her own. Another couple months before she would let us pick her up without a fight. For most of the past seven years, she will lie on the floor, on her back, and make us step over her. No fear what-so-ever.
Yes. We do love our furry friends.
W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration