Old Photo - The Corner Filling Station, Anywhere America

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - The Corner Filling Station, Anywhere America
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:57 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 03:01 pm:

Looks like late 20s or early 30s. I wish I could walk into that photo for a visit.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

Hopefully they did not have to perform too many oil changes when the wind was blowing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

That's OK. If a little bit of oil missed the catch pan nobody cared. Today they'd cordon off the area while a bunch of guys in moon suits cleaned up the drips.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 08:46 am:

Another great pic Jay! That is sooo cool looking. Love the old light fixtures and pumps. Lots of Model A's compared to T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 08:55 am:

What kind of car is that in the far left of the picture? Its a big sedan with steel disc wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 11:05 am:

John - The car in the far left in the picture could be a Nash. We have a couple of '26 - '27 Nash Sedans in our area and they look like that.

Notice how the back side of the left front fender comes almost straight down to the running board. That part of the fender is not swept back at an angle to the running board like even the '28 Model A's, which was a basic style evolution for all makes at that time.

Look at the left front fender of the car up on the hoist which does have a swept back fender design.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 05:06 pm:

Just not enough detail in the picture to be sure of much. The big sedan could be a Nash, or a Studebaker, or actually any of a dozen other marques (Dan H, you out there?). The smaller sedan (looks like a two-door) I think is a Whippet. The big modern car on the lift could be any of a dozen marques circa '29 to '31.
Just not enough detail.
But neat photo!
Thank you Jay!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

What is the crazy looking thing in the lower left of the photo behind the car with the sweet wheel disks ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

Looks like a person walking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 12:28 am:

Yes it does , I had zoomed in on it and now I see it better , it's late here and I've had too much "soda" funny , looked odd to me 😜 but a great pic from Jay as always , kinda new here but absolutely love his pictures :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration