26/27 touring front passenger door/Identify door

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26/27 touring front passenger door/Identify door
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary R. Bussell on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

I know there was a door on here yesterday. Unable to locate today. Anyway I need a front passenger door. Good or bad, does not matter. Just need the majority of the inner skin, especially the latch area. I can fabricate the remainder if necessary.
I have a couple of extra drivers rear that are very nice to trade or sell if someone needs a door.
I also have a rear door that need identification. Fits the touring opening, latch area, and hinge location. The middle loop of the door hinge does not match the body hinge. The inside skin is different as well as the latch. The latch looks like a Model A open car hinge, but the door is definitely not Model A? The T hinges will bolt into the door perfectly. I think there is a rookie problem downloading some photos?
A mystery.27 rear tourning door?\

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

Sometime during production 1926-1927, the doors were changed. They will fit either year car, but the hardware must be that which fits the individual door. After the upholstery panel is installed, you can only tell the difference by counting the screws. One type has two screws on the door latch which face toward the striker plate and the other has only one screw in that position, but either door works fine.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary R. Bussell on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Thanks Norman. I suspected that, but wanted someone with more knowledge than I to confirm.
I like the fact that there is access to the inside nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Gary,
You are referring to the one I put up for sale. It is a early 26 door, and no there is no access to the nuts

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration