Easy Peasy Way to Resize Pictures Using the Paint Program on a Windows Machine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Easy Peasy Way to Resize Pictures Using the Paint Program on a Windows Machine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 01:02 pm:

Every Windows PC I've ever had has the program "Paint" already loaded on it. There is an easy way to resize photos using "Paint", here it is:

1) Right click on the icon or name of the picture that you want to resize.

2) A small window will appear, select "Edit".

3) The picture will open in the "Paint" program.

4) In the top left corner of the screen, scroll over and click on "Image", another small box will appear.

5) Scroll down and select "Stretch/Skew".

6) Another small box will appear, select the percentage that you want to reduce the height and width. In the example below, I typed in 90% for both. Do both the same percentage, or the picture will be distorted!

7) Click on "OK" in the small box. The picture will shrink the percentage you typed in.

8) Save the picture onto your desktop under a different name (I just add the letter "a" to the end of the old file name).

9) Use the new, smaller size file in your forum post.

The example picture below was a file size of 394K before I shrank it to 90% of its original height and width. The new file (with the "a" added on the end) came out to a file size of 164K, well within the forum limitations. :-)

test_pic

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

I wish I could remember who it was on here that posted a link for a picture re-sizer. I clicked on it and installed it. Now I just right click a picture select re-size picture and it gives 3 choices. Small for the Forum. It could not be simpler. Windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

Charlie, that was me, but some folks don't want to take the risk of installing new software from the web onto their computers (understandable).

Paint comes already installed on every Windows machine I've ever used, eliminating the need to install new software. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 02:19 pm:

But it's SOOOOOOOOOOOO easy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

"Paint it Black"
works very easy

A buddy of mine said this was in New Jersey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

will still need gps to get though all of that.then you still have to get the size right, my camera never takes the same size twice.i will wait for the site to get like everybody else,click, click,done.i know Steve will have something to say. that's all.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

Charlie B, I also posted the pic resize on here a couple times. It took 15 seconds to download the program, and now its two clicks and done. Or select 35 40 or select 100 pics or more and two clicks and you are done. How else could I post 52 pics in one single post. :-)

Here it is again

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 01:02 am:

I do exactly same as Mark in paint, simple as.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration