Extended Terminal Block - CAD

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Extended Terminal Block - CAD
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

Ever since I added turn signals and brake lights, the short screws that attach to the terminal block weren't long enough to mount more then 2-3 connections and, eventually, would back out and begin stripping out the hole. I asked the tech guy at my school if he could have one of his kids design a terminal block with two extra bays and print it on the 3D printer. He said that this was the perfect project as he is having them reverse engineer something. One of my band students is in his class and created the block this week. Here are some pics of the front and back. It is much better than anything that I could carve with my Dremel.

I asked the teacher if I could post it on the forum and that there could possibly be requests for it. He said that he could make them for you guys in exchange for a nominal donation to his TSA club. If anyone is interested, please PM me. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Jim
Is that being done on a 3-D printer or just UHMW plastic?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

3-D printer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 11:57 pm:

Can they be done in black?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 12:06 am:

Unfortunately, no. He only has one color available. They can be painted and adjusted for how many bays a person wants. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 12:20 am:

How neat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 02:52 am:

I went to a good (?) hardware store with the screw and found some a little longer .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 12:16 am:

I had thought about that too, George. I just wanted to keep things a bit more organized and not so cluttered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 01:59 am:

I installed the extended terminal block and created a double ended ring connector by soldering two together. That one is placed on the 2nd screw to the left and allows me to easily hook up the turn signals and brake lights without overcrowding the original six screws.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration