Any ideas of where this fell out of?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Any ideas of where this fell out of?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

I removed my hogs head tonight for changing bands. When I initially lifted it up this piece fell out onto the floor. It fell out of the passenger side corner by the engine. It is about 3/4" in diameter and I cannot see an impression where this was located. Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 10:30 pm:

Looks like a wood spoke shim but may have just been installed under a bolt. The slot was cut so the bolt didn't have to be removed all the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 10:41 pm:

if your engine is the Improved model, it could have been a spacer between the hogshead and the cylinder block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer -- Saginaw, MI on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 11:04 pm:

A shim for the mag coil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

Hogs head spacer shim, got to work on more 26/27's didn't even think of that. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 11:11 pm:

Ed is correct - it is a shim used between the trans. cover & block to align the 4th main (ball cap).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

Yes, it is an improved model. I'll look tomorrow for the mark up at the block but I'm sure you guys are right. Now I have to see if I can tell if there was one on each bolt because I only found one. I hope the other (if it exists) didn't fall down into the front of the transmission. Thanks for the input.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 08:57 am:

"I hope the other (if it exists) didn't fall down into the front of the transmission."

Of course it did. :-)

If you don't find it right way, I'd suggest turning the flywheel around and checking all the magnets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 10:49 am:

Whew! I lucked out, the other one was still stuck to the hogs head. Another crisis averted.

In my T ignorance, I thought that I could hold the reverse band ears together long enough to get the nut off and then grab the washer before the spring forced the ear of and the washer into the sump. Well, I'm sure that most of you know what happened. Again, I lucked out and found the washer after getting the hogs head off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 04:49 pm:

Justin: Dental Floss

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration