Owls Head Transportation Museum visit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Owls Head Transportation Museum visit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

While in Maine this weekend, I had the opportunity to go to this museum for the first time. What a great place and a wonderful staff. They have just about any type of transportation related stuff imaginable.
I was there to take some close up pictures of a Depot Hack. The subject 24 T was sitting very close to the cars on either side.I went to the front office and asked if I could go behind the sectioned off corded area to get the photos. The curator came back to the display with me and said if I would help him, we would push the T out in the middle of the isle where the light was better, and I could take all the pictures I wanted. What a great deal. He said he needed to leave for a few moments and asked that I wait for his return before trying to pushed the car back into the display. So I waited for him and got it back into position.
But if you are ever in the area, it is worth the $12 to look around. It was a good and fun 2 1/2 hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 11:13 am:

So can you show us some of the pictures please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 11:45 am:

I was there years ago, they have a T that they take people rides in, The day I was there there was no driver for it. I told them I owned a few and the man in charge that day told me if I could fire it up I could be the driver so they made some money on me that day, it was fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

We had a National MTFCA Tour in Maine about 10 or 12 years ago, and as part of that tour we went to The Owls Head Museum. It's a wonderful place.

As I remember they had a TT made into an open type bus with lots of sets in it. Joe, is that the one they let you drive? Just wondering.

The tour in Maine was great. It sure would be nice to have another National tour there.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 04:38 pm:

When I get home over the Memorial day weekend, I will learn how to post pictures and submit some.
Memorial Day weekend, they are having an auction with several cars, including a 67 mustang, probably a Shelby? The folks there are just real down to earth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Keith, The Mainely T club has a very nice tour every Sept. We go every couple of years. They are a nice group of people. Sometimes they go to the Owls head Museum. This year is going to be a Anniversary tour. It will nice. Email me and I will give you the Imformation if you want to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

Hi Pete - Thanks, but I suspect that it will interfere with the Old Car Festival on Sept. 11, 12 & 13th.

If it doesn't conflict with those dates, I would certainly appreciate any information you could send.

Please email it to me at: cgumbinger at att dot net

Thanks very much, Pete.

Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration