OT - This will probably make you cry - I certainly did ....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - This will probably make you cry - I certainly did ....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

In the world we live in - some welcome good news that renews faith in your fellow man ...

@ http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/son-slain-colorado-dad-patrol-car-artic le-1.2222584

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 11:20 pm:

Thanks Jim. I agree. we need more good news like this.
Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 03:25 am:

So nice when reality restores our faith in the human race. Thanks for sharing, Jim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 08:58 am:

It was a very encouraging story, thank you for sharing it. Like so many other "good news" items they seldom are seen on the front page etc. I believe there are many good stories out there. But "good news" doesn't sell newspapers or air time / commercials. So we have to look deeper for the “good news” stories. Thank you for highlighting that one.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 09:14 am:

Wow. Restores your faith in humanity, if only for a while even. Now I need a Kleenex!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

Awesome story Jim. Thank you for sharing. Especially nice to see some of the public realizes and still appreciate our law enforcement folks who may be called to make the ultimate sacrifice while working to protect all we hold near and dear. Especially in Califunny, where the passage of PROP 47 holds virtually no criminal accountable for their actions all in the name of reducing prison overcrowding. I'm surprised anyone would still entertain being in law enforcement these days. A special calling I guess. In most cases, a thankless career path for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 07:35 am:

I saw that on the news Saturday morning. Great story, and yes, I had to fight back some tears.

Mark,

My oldest son is a police officer and I have to say I worry about his safety. It seems that it's open season on police officers nowadays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

Hal,

Please thank your son for his service. His dedication and sacrifice is much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 05:30 pm:

Mark,

I am picking up in Dallas today & then headed to Citrus Heights, CA ....

Did your car arrive o.k. ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Thanks Mark. I will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 02:19 am:

Hi Jim,

Yes it arrived early with no issues. The engine and trans are out for a complete rebuild. Model A stroker SCAT crankshaft, new drums and of course RAJO head and Ruckstell. Thanks for asking. Be safe out there.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration