Old Photos- 13 Some TT's and T trucks in Oz.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photos- 13 Some TT's and T trucks in Oz.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 06:17 am:

Caption- "BUGDEN FAMILY"

Caption- "BUGDEN, Richard James"

Caption- "Frank (Sonny) Duncan's travelling cafe. His catchcry at Cobar Football games was Try our home made pies - warm your belly for threepence - Cobar, NSW"

Caption- "Two vehicles in front of the kiosk at Wellington Point Queensland 1926"

Caption- "A man with a Model T Ford truck loaded with milk cans."

Caption- "The Bay 's Delivery Service Model T Ford truck and driver. The driver has borrowed the truck for a family outing. The bay's delivery service office is in the background."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 03:45 pm:

Several really good photos here! Many people's idea of heaven on Earth, an ice cream and beer truck! I noticed the front fenders on it right away (I will let someone else say what I saw).
The "Bay's Delivery service" truck sure looks like a very early TT. It has solid tire rear wheels, non-demountable, front tires, and non-electric based upon side lamps. Actually, that combination was available in the USA well into 1923 at least, but is rather unusual. Most USA TTs after 1920 had at least one of the later options, usually pneumatic rear tires. Also however, I can't tell for sure about the wishbone, but I think it is over the axle.
The J Bugden truck (two first photos) has the same usually early combination of options, however it has a below the axle wishbone. Still fairly early.
Wonderful looks into Australia's (and the world's) past!
Thank you Dane H!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration