Motor overheating

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Motor overheating
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

I researched some of the past topics on motors overheating on the T's and found that if the carburetor was set too lean it causes the motor to heat up. I adjusted the setting on the carb this morning and went for a spin with my daughter and this is the first time the 1914 didn't get "car sick". Thanks to all out there that has such a volume and treasure of knowledge!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

Some years ago a friend of a friend had a Model A that boiled constantly. He tried "everything" with no improvement. One day someone suggested running with a little richer mixture.

After years of frustration and endless overheating the car was fixed in two seconds, and with no tools! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration