Estate sale Fordson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Estate sale Fordson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

Yesterday a local couple had a very impressive estate sale consisting of thousands of pieces of depression glass, A warehouse full of old furniture, hundreds of antique odds and ends and some neat old horse drawn plows and implements. To me the cream of the crop was a painted and running Fordson tractor. There wasn't a lot of interest and it sold for 2000.00. I think the buyer got a real deal. I would have loved to bid but living on social security my budget was a paltry 300.00, so I bought a lovely oak wardrobe cabinet for 100.00 and an old horse drawn plow for 80.00. Very happy to have stayed under my budget and now the dogs and I will eat well for the next week. I have attached pictures of all. Harv.auctionauctionauctionauction

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

Wow - you're right Harvey, someone got a deal on that Fordson!! Beautiful tractor. Have never seen stabilizer plates on the front wheels like that before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

It has a magneto instead of coils. Fordsons were prone to overturn and the later ones had long rear fenders to prevent overturns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

I think you got a good deal on the wardrobe too, Harvey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 12:38 am:

Thanks Mike, My house has limited closet space so I have been looking for something to help out. I think I got lucky with the wardrobe but not as lucky as the man who bought the Fordson. Harv

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration