Identify horn?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Identify horn?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nowell- NJ on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

I have this horn. No manufacture label. Looks like a Klaxton but no bolts around middle section of horn. Anyone know what type and approx year? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nowell- NJ on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

One more picture to help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 07:17 am:

There were dozens of hand klaxon type horns made by many manufacturers. Yours has no brass trim so it is no earlier than 1920's and probably no later than 1930 when they became less popular.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nowell- NJ on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

I figured it was mid to late 20's (I have a 1925 so that's perfect) Any idea of Manufacture of this Horn?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nowell- NJ on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Manufacturer anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nowell- NJ on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 03:20 pm:

I think I answered my own question

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

I have a Stewart Warning Signal horn like the one in the picture on the end of your box. Your horn is not a Stewart warning signal horn. A Stewart warning signal looks like this:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 04:27 pm:

Better keep looking for the mfg. :-)

Your horn isn't a Stewart, the give away is the bracket mount. Your's has a very unique mount.

The Stewart uses a two piece long bracket with simple release nut on the upper bracket to the horn. The long base remained on the car's arm rest. That way you could remove the Stewart horn easy if you parked in areas with horn thieves :-)

Some of the many different makes of 'hand horns'

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration