Found in a box of NOS parts. Is this a model Tpart?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Found in a box of NOS parts. Is this a model Tpart?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 07:14 am:

Hi all. I found 2 of these in a box of NOS T parts. The photos show both sides of the same part. I don't recognize it. Can you identify it?

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 07:41 am:

That is actually quite a rare part. It goes underneath the sidemount spare tire carrier for a 26-27 roadster pick up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 07:59 am:

For 1926/27 Roadster Pickup spare tire carrier. Ford Factory part number T-7379, "Spare Rim Bracket to Running Board Shim".
Interfaces the base of factory number T-7393, "Spare Rim Bracket to Top Iron Bracket" to the ribbed running board.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 08:56 am:

The spare tire carrier that sits on that shim is also a mighty scarce item.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 09:40 am:

I'd sure be interested in obtaining one of those shims, if you wanted to part with it - I have the carrier it goes with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 10:53 am:

Looks like they'd be easy enough to make if you could borrow one for a pattern. Then several folks could have one. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

I need one (or a pattern) for my original carrier also. Would be happy with just the pattern if an original is not for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 05:56 am:

Thank you Tim and Ron. I've never seen the spare wheel carrier.

Steve, Mike, and Dennis - I'll ask around about getting some made. If that doesn't go ahead I can provide a pattern at least.

Andrew

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration