Powder coating headlamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Powder coating headlamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Indy 22 on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 09:05 am:

Does anyone have experience coating headlamp buckets and trim rings. Is there anything 400 degree heat would affect?
Thanks,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mullins Spokane Wa. on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 09:52 am:

I have done it with no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 09:55 am:

I'd strip out the wiring, spring and the contact piece that holds the terminals. I suppose you already knew that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 07:28 am:

Michael,

You will have to make sure you get a good earth on re-installing the lights. Clean contact between the bulb socket and the lamp body is required. This may best be achieved by soldering a short wire from the socket to a clean ground within the headlight bucket. That way, any interruption you make to the powdercoat is well protected from the elements.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Indy 22 on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 08:33 am:

Thanks Guys! I will have them put plugs into each end of the light sockets.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration