1927 Fordor Sedans Are they hard to find ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1927 Fordor Sedans Are they hard to find ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 09:50 am:

I have a 1927 Fordor Sedan. I don't see many images or articles about this model T. Were they not a popular vehicle? Are there many Fordor Sedans still on the road? I have a great time every time I drive
this vehicle. Anyone have photographs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 11:10 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/1926.htm

This might give you some idea of what was produced in 1926. More coupes and Tudors survived as the Fordors used a lot of wood in the bodies. I have seen quite a few Fordors over the years.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 11:30 am:

There was a time when the Fordor was considered "my parents car" or "my grandparents car". The younger generation wanted the open cars or "convertibles". A coupe or Tudor was also "swell".

Now any Model T is a collectable, but because in the earlier days of the hobby, the Fordor was not in demand, many of them bit the dust.

I even did that with a Model A many years ago. I had a Fordor which body I cut up with a torch and hauled to the dump so that I could install a Phaeton body which I rescued from a junkyard.

At that time a Fordor was worth about $100 but a Phaeton $1,000 or more.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Norman, funny side note. Dad had a nice '29 roadster pickup in 1939. Truck plates were $6.00, and car plates were $2.00, so he bought a Tudor body for $1.00, and the pickup body went to the scrap yard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

Yes, there are the rarest of the five types produced in 1927. Funny - I was just doing research this weekend on my Canadian Tudor, of which slightly over 8,100 were produced of them. I do not remember the numbers of the Fordors exactly, but I think that it was less than 500 produced for 1927.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

Daniel - I believe that one big reason has to do with the original prices of the individual Ford models. It's obvious to me why there were (and still are, comparatively speaking) so many Tudors. The Tudor was absolutely, hands down, "the most bang for the buck". The Fordor was much, much more expensive than any other of the common models, and a young family could have nearly as much room inside a Tudor as a Fordor. Anyway, my "theory" for what it's worth,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

Can't have a Fordor thread without fotos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

Several years ago I inherited a 25 Fordor that my Grandfather had bought for parts for his 24 Coupe that I later restored. I later sold the mostly complete 25 Fordor because of the condition of the wood in the body. It was pretty much rotted. The sheet metal was all there and would have been worth restoring. Now I wish I would have kept it. Looking back the condition of the wood was what scared me off! They do have a lot of wood!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

I waited a long time to get my 1925 Fordor, and I am glad that I waited and found this one, a picture, is on my profile. I have always been drawn to "Unique" or unusual body styles, of cars and trucks. Usually get quite a bit of interest and "thumbs up", while driving or in parking lots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

I just bought ours and its mostly original I think it found us. I will be posting pictures of the car as I get it ready for touring this Summer. It was the most expensive in the Ford Line at $660.00.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration