Old Photo - Brass Era Street Scene

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Brass Era Street Scene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 02:19 pm:

Jay that looks to be a very rare photo. Can't tell much about the lady in the car (obscured by the windshield) but the Driver seems to be a black man. My father told me there were many black families in the 20's that had money and as a whole they tried to hide their wealth. It would be nice if more of the old photos had info on the back but mom says people just put them in photo albums and said I'll never forget these people. Great picture:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 02:32 pm:

G.R.
About 2 weeks ago my cousin and I went through a bunch of old photos left by our grandmother. Many were absent any notation, but some did have a little information. One in particular got us to laughing pretty hard. It was a photo of a young man we don't recognize standing at the opening of a cave. The notation on the back says, "Taken in front of a cave." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

Someone did quite the pruning job on that tree poking up above
the passenger side windshield upright !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 05:25 pm:

Mighty fine!
The car is clean and shiny, smooth white tires, looks fresh and new with electrified headlamps! Nice 1912 torpedo roadster. Fantastic photo.
Thank you Jay!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 06:24 pm:

Not only is this a great photo of the car but the neighborhood must be fairly new too. The street is spotless and all the houses are very neat and clean as well as the yards. Concrete curbs and roads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 10:38 am:

This is really interesting. There is a 1912 Torpedo, currently on display at the Ford Piquette Plant, that has those exact same headlamp conversions. It also has the remnants of nickel plate on all the brass. The way the radiator shines in this photo makes me wonder if it too was nickel plated. Same car???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

Years ago I was looking at old photos with my mom. I told her she should wright on the back who the people are. Her response was, why? I know who they are. She passed away last May and guess what? We don,t know who they are.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration