Top Kit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Top Kit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Stevens on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

Does anyone know where to get a new top kit for a '26/27 coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

Randy, note that most top kits come with the wrong welting, usually "Hide-em" when it should be "Fold Over" type (readily available too, so why the wrong stuff??). You should have rain gutters for over the doors and side windows too. If you don't have them, I believe there are replicas available, though you have to get the right ones, and may have to create the nail covers yourself (make out of an old tape measure!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

Although I don't see it in their catalog, perhaps Classtique can set you up with a good kit with the correct parts, give them a call or email:

http://www.classtiqueupholstery.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

Le Baron Bonney also has good material, If the wood is good then the material and welting should be all you need other than a good heavy fabric to pull over the wood and padding. I use felt underlayment for the pad and don't use chicken wire. Foam will break down pretty quick. Remember too if your head liner needs replacing now is the time. KGB

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration