This ain't a 1917!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: This ain't a 1917!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

I found this on the side of the road.
No jokes about Found On Road Dead please! :-)

The sign says 1917 but the motor number, tires, fenders, and battery holder say March 2, 1926.

It is screaming "Take me home! at me and my son says "Cool vehicle dad!"

My brain says - I have enough to work on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:17 pm:

What mean "ENOUGH" ?? :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:17 pm:

More Pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:20 pm:

and More

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:21 pm:

Fred, Take it home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

The last of them -

My son took all the pictures -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

The guy said that there must be something wrong with the clutch because he pressed it when they pulled it out of the barn and the motor rotated.

He also thinks that the handle to the gear shift is broken off because he can't find it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:29 pm:

That early seat may be worth something, especially if you can determine the year, make and model car it is from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:45 pm:

Bob,

Enough is Enough...

I have bee trying to find time to swap the motor in my 19 since last summer, and to put the motor back in my wife's 31 Town Sedan. (notice I did not say my Town Sedan because she insists that it is hers)

I took last Friday off in hopes of getting the new T motor ready over the weekend and all I did was organize the garage, after doing 5% of the stuff on the honey do list.

My other boss is saying that I have to go to China at the end of June, write an article for publication this summer, and prepare a new class for SMTAI in Sept.

On top of that I am a young 70 but getting tired and wanting to go to bed at 8 PM.

But I am wondering if I can squeeze another project vehicle in the garage! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

If the price is right, grab it!!

Question: In your initial post you list a few things that say it's a March 2, 1926 car. I'm not very good at pinpointing year model ID, but those front fenders are not 1926 fenders. ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 03:54 pm:

That's a neat old work horse. I would get it running and enjoy it the way it is. It will always be an attention getter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

Fred,
What a neat rig--now lookit things over--the seat is very early, maybe even fire truck & very cool. The pickup bed is a period aftermarket bed--looks a lot like a Perry (prior to Martin-Perry), also too cool. Everything else looks like bitsa T stuff. Motor turns over & is late--No idea what the price is (tried to manipulate your pics to figure that out, but didn't work. If nothing else, if it's cheap enough, pick it up and pass it onto another T guy before some hot-rodder (sorry if that offends someone here) picks it up to do something goofy with it!
Title with it??
And I agree with Ron, but truth is, it's probably worth more as parts. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

Henry -- According to the encyclopedia the motor number says March 2, 1926.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

Those pedals on the transmission ain't 26 but the engine could be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

I forgot to mention that it has

Everclean Glass.

And a unique spare tire holder:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

I'd sure be tempted to drag it home if the price wasn't ridiculous. Clean off the worst of the dirt, get it run safely and enjoy the heck out of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

Run it like it is and it will get more attention than a restored one. (I know, 'cause I got a "collection" vehicle with lots of "collection stuff" on it and it draws 'um like flies.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 05:06 pm:

If it weren't all the way across the country, I'd be all over this one.

Great patina. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

I'd say most of it is a '24-5. It has a high radiator/hood/cowl, and the fenders, rear end, front end, etc. look right for those years. As was mentioned, the seat is from a very early car; don't know whether it was from a Ford. Don't pass it up if you can get it worth the money! It'll be a fun one as a beater. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

What is he asking for it? Just curious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

Fred,

How can you resist? It is calling you.....

(On the side of WHICH road?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 09:10 pm:

The windshield is 1923 or later. The wheels are 1925-1926. The pedals are pre 1926 and the fenders and hood are pre 1926. My guess is it is about a 1925.

It could have a 1926 engine in it if the number is correct, but the rest of the car is earlier than 1926 but later than 1922.

If it runs and you like it, go for it. It doesn't have to be authentic to have fun.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

Dave

It is within 5 miles of my home

I think Bill H is interested but if you want more info. Send me an email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

Fred, what are they along for it? Only a few hour drive, I might be interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

Fred, what are they asking for it? I double checked and it's a 5 hour drive..still might be interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 12:07 am:

The average year of the parts might be 1917...

It could be a fun Hillbilly truck, speedster, or just part it out. If the price is right.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 03:01 am:

Don't care what year it is, It looks like fun! Repair brakes ect and drive as it is I.M.O.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 03:05 am:

It's a BITZA ROYAL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 08:10 am:

I agree with Kep and Keith--

Although not completely original it has a strong possibility with a little work of being a fun survivor.

It would be a shame to part it out. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 08:19 am:

Ha ha, I'm with Bob - what's this "enough" of which you speak?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 08:38 am:

Something for your son to work on?
Most of it except the bed and the seat could have been from the same 1925 touring or runabout. It's the 1925 21" balloon tires with small brake drums in combination with 1924/25 sheet metal in the front that dates it, I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 10:56 am:

A good example of a put together from this and that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

Update.

It was gone when I returned from work today.
My first thought was "My son bought it and it is in my driveway."

I was wrong! :-(

When I got home I didn't see a T in the driveway and he didn't know it was gone!

I hope someone will take care of it!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration