Ebay global shipping program

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ebay global shipping program
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 05:26 pm:

Hello .
My name is Rolf, and I live in Oslo Norway.
I have like many others been following this wonderful
"University" of model T knowledge, and even posted a few times during the last years : )
Now to the topic.
I have bought a lot of T parts on ebay and its a great way buy
stuff that is almost impossible to find in my neck of the woods.
I know that many of you sell things on ebay for international market also, and some of you use ebay global shipping program.
Please don't. Its to expensive. Why not use USPS ?
Today I was going to buy a small item from one of you guys, but the shipping costs were more than double for The Global shipping program than USPS, and they also charge an import fee. That must be plain wrong. I always pay import tax and Vat to the norwegian custom authorities.
I know this topic has been discussed before, but i think its important to address this because it hurts the business for both seller and buyer.
Regards Rolf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

Thanks for the reminder. I have never had a problem shipping through the USPS to over seas buyers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

I have heard nothing but horror stories regarding the ebay global shipping program. I avoid it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

That Global Shipping Program is a nightmare. It was not until after I'd committed to buy I found out it doesn't accept PO Box addresses. Not being at home in working hours, I gave my work address instead.
So far so good, except the seller emailed me a few weeks later and said the item had been returned with no explanation. He sent it again, but by that time I was on my Xmas break and not at work. It did arrive and fortunately it was on a day when someone was there to accept it.
I was so close to not getting the item at all that I would never buy this way again.
Sellers that use USPS will always get my custom - never any troubles and no problems with PO boxes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

The word is out that the "Global Shipping Program" is neither Global nor Shipping, but quite often a "rip off Program." As Chuck has said, nothing but horror stories of stuff that disappears, and then gets sold on eBay by the company! (as unclaimed freight)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

I never use the Global Shipping program. It should be illegal and they should be in prison. It is also the default setting on my e-bay auctions when I am listing them. I have to "always" uncheck it, or it will show up as an option for the buyer to chose from. I ship to foreign buyers all the time and always use USPS. The only real problems I have ever had is from customs. They destroy parts, lose parts, ect. Then they "always" say that is how it was when they received it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

David is repeating alot of the same things I have heard and read over the past while. And like he said,you have to unclic it on each listing. I should be able to decide 1 time that I don't want that so called "option" on my listings and that should be enough.And if you think clicing on the "what do you think" link or whatever it is in the right corner, will do any good? Yea right. May as well email Santa Clause.
Of course I have never liked being charged a percentage of the shipping cost either. And sales have been hurt by the shipping cost increases lately to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 12:04 am:

I leave it up to the buyer i offer either direct or global
Although i have had many issues with this service damage or lost or stalled items
For me i rather ship direct

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 12:45 am:

As a buyer, I HAD to use it the other day.
An item I purchased in the USofA, that I just had to have, was only available if I used the Global Shipping programme.
The item(s) arrived intact, speedily, and the price for that shipping wasn't excessive. I considered it was a little more than USPS but WAAAAY cheaper than either UPS or FedEx.
Cheers,
Rob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration