Old Photo - Ouch!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Ouch!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 11:51 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 12:15 pm:

490 Chevy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

Check out those 5 lug demountable wheels...are they factory supplied or an accessory?

Just wondering...

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 01:24 pm:

Firestone demountable accessory wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

The 5 lug seem to be very popular on the 1918 chev going by period photo's, maybe standard for that year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.E.Moore TN on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 05:54 pm:

I've got a 1919 490 and it has 5 lug demountables on it. It's an original and is for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Someone mentioned on a recent thread that Jaxon demountable wheels were used on Chevys. They also have 5 lugs, like the ones in the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

Some 1918-1919 Chevs were V8s...which model were they? Them were nice cars. I have one locally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

Rick Moore,

Thank you for repenting and selling the Chevy. You are welcomed back into the fold now. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

Gary,

Fords and Chevys are like belly buttons .... let's not get to acting
like they are anything special.

Marmons, Locomobiles, and Kissels are vehicles worthy of an
attitude. We bottom dwellers best not get too high falootin', lest we
be righteously put in our place. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

Rick is a member of our chapter and he knows I'm kidding him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

Chevys had a lot of things you could get on a Ford only by installing after market items. However I am not a fan of a cone clutch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 08:53 am:

John,

The V8 Chevys were the Model's D & D5.

A lot of car manufacturers used a cone clutch not just Chevys. They are certainly fun cars to drive!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 10:29 am:

Those '18-'19 Chevy V-8's were quite an innovation. Kettering was playing with the "Copper Cooled" engine about that time but it didn't appear until 1923 and went now where. Ford was lucky these weren't successful. It's always fun to look at Chevrolets from a Ford standpoint.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

Richard,

I don't look at it from a Ford standpoint. I am an old car guy plain and simple. I love old old cars, pre-war. I don't care who made them. It is so interesting to see what other companies came up with and did. Especially, the small car companies. It does not matter to me wether they were very successful or not. There was an honest attempt to create something they believed in and that the people had a use for would want. That's what's great about the Old Car Festival! Bringing all this innovation together in one place!

Cheers,
Willis

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration