Old Photo - Young Lady And Her Snowmobile

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Young Lady And Her Snowmobile
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 11:56 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

That's cool! Every time I see snow mobile T's now the front fenders are gone. It looks really wild with them still in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

Not factory side curtains either!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

My aunt Grace delivered mail and kept her T roadster until she died in 61-62. It had a snow bird kit and she ran it with the front fenders. Sometimes it had standard wheels on the front instead of skis. I guess it depended on the weather. I wrote an article for the T times years ago that had a few pictures of it. Those were taken in Jan 1928 in southwestern Michigan. The snow was as high as the top of the car.

My dad remembered her using that T in horrible weather in the 40-50's as a kid even though she had a newer car. Having to go down rural roads that may not see a snowplow for a couple days likely meant you had better be sure of what your driving. I imagine getting a late 40's early 50's sedan stuck was a lot easier to do than the T.

Having moved out of Michigan years ago, I don't worry about getting stuck in snow. Feel sorry for those that have to deal with it, shovel it, start car 15 minutes early to warm, scrape ice, brush snow, shovel drive, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

She looks pregnant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 12:51 am:

Great pictures, Jay!

Same car, same coat on the hood, but different person? Or if it is the same person, maybe in the top photo she is a young girl? Notice the height difference!

The side curtain look like mine!

: ^ )

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration