Stewart Model 24 Speedometer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Stewart Model 24 Speedometer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 02:26 pm:

What do I need to convert my 1910 Tourabout from a Stewart Model 26 speedometer to a Stewart Model 24 speedometer? Do I need to change the gear ratio at the wheel to a 1:1? If so, where do I find the parts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

Rod, the answer is yes. The cast iron 1:1 swivel is crazy expensive when you find one. You should try advertising on the classified section of this site. The speedometer cable is different too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Russ Furstnow hooked me up. He sold me a Model 24 with 2.5:1 ratio so I don't have to change to a 1:1. He also has the links for the drive. Thanks Russ!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson - Kingwood, Texas on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

Hi Rod. I'd love to see photos of your progress on the tourabout. Sounds like your making great strides.

Best,
Mike Hanson

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration