Gotta love eBay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Gotta love eBay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

Sometimes its fun to look at the T parts ads on eBay. I enjoyed this one. (rare)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

You have your axle where most Model T's have the radiator filler neck!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

Ebay isn't the problem. The problem is the non antique auto guys, women, and businesses that have the intelligence of a moron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

That's used on the famous Model T water-cooled hubs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 10:14 pm:

Be glad it's not stamped with Ford.

If I had a dollar for every time I saw a coil box in an antique shop with a $50 price tag, I could probably afford one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 12:00 am:

My favorite ebay listing was a wooden electrical piston. Pictured was a, yes you guessed it Ford script coil.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 10:20 am:

Found this roadster advertised on T-bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-Ford-Model-T-Built-Touring-Car-Fully-Restored-50-mph-Driver-roadster-/301635047915?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

I just read the eBay description.

That "roadster" must have cruise control and a big gas tank to be cable to cruise at 50 MPH all day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

It begs the question, do the rad cap and hub cap have the same thread? Could you screw the two together? Could you screw a wheel onto your radiator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

My two favorite pet peeves regarding coils :

1. IT'S NOT A BATTERY !!!

2. THEY'RE FINGER JOINTS - NOT DOVETAILS !!!

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

I'm just tired of bidding against you guys and losing!!!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

Jim,

I don't think you'll have anyone bidding against you on the "Dust Cover" listed above. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Anybody know what "private listing - bidders' identities protected" this means and why it is used? I am of the opinion it is just a scam so the seller can bid an item in when it is not bringing what they want to get for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

All listings are private bidders. As long as you use a different computer with a different IP address there is no way to prove anything. Unless the item shows up again right after the bidding ended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 09:29 pm:

Tim,In a word no! The radiator cap has threads on the outside and a hubcap/grease cup has the threads on the inside.The threads on the hubcap/grease cup's are very fine and long. Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen 40 miles west of chicago on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:28 am:

So, not knowing about 90 year old car part makes you a moron? What high opinion of people you have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 08:33 am:

Chris - In this case your comment would be correct if you replaced the question mark (?) with a exclamation point (!).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:13 pm:

It's not only car stuff, I am "into" American Flyer toy trains. I was looking for some parts the other day on eBay and there's one well-known dealer (with a very spotty reputation) who lists lots of parts there, for, IMHO, ridiculous prices. A one-foot piece of rubber tubing for smoke units is about $9 with shipping. Hmm, my cost for that same tubing is about 60 a foot (it's used for player pianos too). A pair of split rivets, like you can buy at most hardware stores for 35 each are around $7 from him. Just two examples! AND folks BUY them!! I'm in the wrong line of work, I suspect! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration