Seal wood floor in car hauler

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Seal wood floor in car hauler
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams - Imperial, MO on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 10:14 pm:

Got my new car hauler last week. What is a good paint or sealer to protect the wood deck from gas and oil? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

In my opinion, Rhino spray on liner is clearly one of the top choices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

I used clear Urethane varnish, thinned with paint thinner so it would soak in and not be slippery. That was several years ago....seems to be holding up well. I also place card board on the floor in areas where my cars drip oil. Card board works great on protecting the wood and is easy to dispose of when its time for a change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 08:22 am:

I mixed Urethane varnish and boiled linseed oil 50/50 did the floor and walls holding up very well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

Please tell me where I can purchase seal wood!
Can you use whale oil to protect it?

sorry I couldn't help myself - again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

Fred, it's only available around Christmas.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

I had mine done with spray in box liner. The floor and about 4" up the walls

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

I have a new car hauler trailer. Have a gallon of Benjamin Moore primer and a gallon of porch and floor latex enamel. Have the same on the screened in porch floor of my 1900 house. Holds up well, is not slick. I anticipate it is going to work well with my new trailer. Hope to get the primer on tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

Fred, seal wood comes from a seal tree. First you must find a seal boy and when he lifts his leg to adorn the tree you can now harvest your seal wood.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration