Light help Please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Light help Please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nowell- NJ on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 10:35 am:

SO I am in the process of buying these lights. My question is one has a side RED lens, I have heard two reasons for the red lens.

1) A rear lamp, Red lens to face the rear, clear to license plate

2) A passenger side lamp, Red lens faces traffic when parked to prevent the car/lamp from being hit, clear to face front?

Thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 11:10 am:

You have one tail light,one side light.Spade mounts are common before 1915. I think these are aftermarket lamps .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 11:10 am:

RE;
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/542548.html?1431984343

Per the note I sent the seller; These are not a pair. You have one tail light and one side light. The lamps are about 1914 ish and are after market.

The seller does not state in the ad who made the lamps or any markings on the tops. I have seen similar lamps sold in the Western Auto supple catalog for updating earlier cars. From the photos I have seen of early 1915 Model T cars, the lamps had a similar shape to these but the doors were much larger and I think they had the mounting stud in they back not the blade type mounting.
The lamp that I have seen would have had a colored jewel in the rear of the lamp not the side if one was present and by time these lamps would have come out that would have been history.
We for the most part are and have been a park/drive on the right side of the road country so a red lens on the passenger side would have been no use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 11:11 am:

The red lens lamp is a rear lamp. So, they are not a "set". They look like nice lamps. They are not correct for a Model T, if that's important to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nowell- NJ on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Thank you I think I will pass on them

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration