Anybody know this tire pump?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Anybody know this tire pump?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

I showed this a couple of weeks ago. It's non-Ford, and there are no identifying marks on it.

Rust removal has revealed that the cast parts have the remains of red paint on them. I wonder if anybody can ID the make.

The cracks in the cap at the top of the big tube don't appear to be critical. An air seal isn't needed there. The cap over the top of the small tube is a problem, though. The threads show that there's a piece missing that's supposed to screw in there, probably with packing string or a gasket. An air leak there is a major spoiler. Unless I can come up with the missing piece, I'll have to use some other pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 03:12 am:

That's ok Steve, we'll let you use it. It's period and you have a hall pass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 07:50 am:

Steve, I don't know what make it is but I have one just like it so you're not alone. :-) Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 08:58 am:

Bob, does yours have the piece that screws into the cap at the top of the small tube? If so, can you get a picture of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Well, Steve, I don't own a digital camera and probably have too much drain bamage to use one if I did. :-( If you are speaking of the packing gland nut your top pic looks like it's in place.

But here's what I found. The thread is 5/8" diameter, 24 threads per inch, 9/32" long. The head is 9/16" by 1/8" high.

The rod is 5/16" and the nut is a loose fit, probably 21/64". Material is brass.

Good luck. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

Yes, the nut on top is there. What I'm asking about would be some sort of collar that fits around the small tube and screws into the cap from below. If you look carefully at that last photo you can see the unthreaded part of the hole where the tube fits in. But there's also a wider, threaded part of the hole. I'd like to see what goes in there.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration