Snyder's new site

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Snyder's new site
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

Snyder's has changed their site. I lost my wish list, had to re register and bookmarks on parts I wanted to order are gone.

It seems better but now I have to start over!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 05:23 pm:

Saw the same thing here. I'm not sure it is better yet. I started to re-build my wish list and had difficulty finding what I wanted to find. May just be a matter of learning the new organization.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

At least they have a wish list- something the others don't have- unless I've been doing something wrong.

Something that I noticed- If you do a search and don't want all of those danged 'ol ***A*** parts showing up causing confusion and parts ordered by mistake put "model t" before the item being searched.

Example: model t gasket OR model t piston

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Seemed like the old site worked just fine. Why can't they leave things alone?!? Had trouble two weeks ago with the new site also. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

I agree with Tim. The old site was easier to use with the old categories. There are also less parts listed from what I can tell or they are just simply harder to find. To fix the problem, I just switched over to Lang's and found what I needed with ease.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

I had to re register too. I liked the old site better too. Two things I've found. The best companies usually have the worst websites. If they do have a great website, they will eventually change it and make it worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

Awww comon guy's there is a programmer out there that was just trying to pay for his (boat , mistress, lawyer)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

I did go to the site and tried to do a simple search for a model T coil all that I got was "heinze" coils and accessories I guess they don't carry any K W coil parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

I searched "model t coil" and 4 pages of parts, coils, books, bolts, mag rings, latches, rebuild kits, etc were found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/coil-points
Same here, just down the page a ways.
If Don is reading this, I would do some page restructuring and put the most ordered at the top not the least.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

I ran into the new site when it first went up, my carefully constructed wishlist for a customers motor was lost!! I hated it....
I also found a few bugs and reported them to Don who referred my to the site manager, who appears to have solved all my specific problems. If you start by moving to the Department, model T then it drives into the parts fairly quickly. I wish we could set for more than 12 items per page, which seems to be reset at each new part, why not part of the login? Apart from that, it seems to work well. If you find a problem, contact Don, he has a vested interest in keeping you all happy....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 12:37 am:

Most websites are being redone due to new search standards that Google came up with. If you want to be found on a search they do you play by their rules.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 04:11 am:

If google won't let me find old sites i guess i'll have to use another search engine.
How come snyders has less items now? No body rivets?
And why would you go to langs? i can't buy anything off there because i don't know what i'm buying, No pictures or descriptions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 05:29 am:

I had no problems with the new Snyder website. just past over it and found what I needed.
By the way Snyder is not the only one who have changed their site, Model T Haven was changed also.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 09:02 am:

kep? I have no problem seeing the pictures in langs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 09:12 am:

I find plenty of pictures on Lang's website.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration